8 cylinder front engine iconic vehicle
By Gary Knox
I have a friend who recently sold his '93 GTS 5 speed.   I had no idea he was going to sell it, and he had no connections within the 928 community.    Here is a link to the dealer who bought the car directly from him and now has it listed for sale:

https://www.beverlyhillscarclub.com/199 ... -15169.htm

This dealer does not have a great reputation, and I was sad when my friend informed me he sold it to this company.   The car is MUCH better than most of the stuff I've seen from this dealer in the past.   IF you have SERIOUS interest in this car, you can contact me and I'll see if the recent owner (for about 5 years) would agree to chat with you about it.  He is a VERY honest man.

I have no involvement with the dealer, and only posting this information in case someone on Open Road might have an interest, and I would like to see the car stay within the community..

Gary
Last edited by Gary Knox on Mon May 22, 2023 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
worf liked this
By Gary Knox
By the way, I know this car has been seen and had some work done by Capt Earl, and also, I'm fairly sure by Worf as well. Only 'problem' I'm aware of is that the airbag light never goes off.
By worf
Gary Knox wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 1:41 pm By the way, I know this car has been seen and had some work done by Capt Earl, and also, I'm fairly sure by Worf as well. Only 'problem' I'm aware of is that the airbag light never goes off.
Is it a Red ‘93? Used to live in Maine? If so, I only worked on it once. Oh… wait that was an automatic.

Wait. Never mind: I followed the link in the OP.

Nope. Never seen that GTS before.
By linderpat
I do wonder what BHCC got it for. I'm also surprised their mark u isn't higher.
By worf
linderpat wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 8:32 am I do wonder what BHCC got it for. I'm also surprised their mark u isn't higher.
My bet? $25k. $35K tops.
By Gary Knox
I will only say there is a good bit of profit margin at their asking price! I was very disappointed when he told me the sale was 'a done deal'.

David - if you saw it, it would probably have been regarding the airbag light. I didn't think you'd done any mechanical work on it.

Gary

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]

78 in Fort worth

I have not seen that car before. I am familiar wi[…]

Wonderful. I don't think there are many critical d[…]