8 cylinder front engine iconic vehicle
By grepin
Well I have finally got around to fitting the Hans fuel rails to my 16V motor. I deliberately used 24 lb injectors with a body style like the originals so I could still use the factory hold down brackets. With everything fitted its quite solid. I still have scope to add more support later but there is no movement. I used a quick connect to the fuel return line. I ended up fitting the reg up front as there was space here now the damper was gone. Feed is to the rear of the rails with a long return line from the front. I am still not sure if the plumbing is as I want it but the car runs and idles nice. Unfortunately one of my brake reservoir grommets is leaking so a road test is delayed. I messed up the feed line near the fire wall trying to get the original fitting off so I cut that piece out. I had PIRTEK make a new piece with an AN fitting on it. I was a little nervous about using a compression fitting to join it to the original pipe work however no leaks or tweaks needed from the get go. Actually no leaks anywhere after first go. Still yet to tie it all up and yes my heater core is bypassed it leaks. Anyway here are some pics.

worf liked this
By grepin
I forgot to mention that even though I vac tested the original Regs and pulled the vac lines to check for fuel leaks they were actually leaking. Lets see if I have more joy with VEMS tuning. I also used 500 series push lock hose from Aeroflow. Its unleaded compatible and they also have the hose clamps provided and recommended for use with higher pressure applications. Not that this is. It was super easy to put together.
78 in Fort worth

Ed that would look good with new tan carpets and b[…]

Ineos Grenadier

It’s not an SUV. It’s a hardcore offro[…]

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]