8 cylinder front engine iconic vehicle
  • User avatar
  • User avatar
  • User avatar
User avatar
By h2pmr
#152744
i have a large box of wiring connectors all removed from 87-91 models, just in need of help as to what they actually connect onto, and are they worth keeping.

thread might also be of use to someone in the future

pictured below is the first one, but i am sure there will be others.
cheers
Phil
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
By h2pmr
#152757
another one
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
By h2pmr
#152758
one more
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
By worf
#152798
First one is door harness: either mirror joystick or memory panel.

I think the third one is outside HVAC temperature sender connector.

Second one… dunno.

I all cases, it would be useful to name the harness from whence it came.
User avatar
By h2pmr
#152840
thanks Worf
worf wrote:First one is door harness: either mirror joystick or memory panel.

I think the third one is outside HVAC temperature sender connector.

Second one… dunno.

I all cases, it would be useful to name the harness from whence it came.
thats my problem, they are all in one box, all have approx 6^ of wire on them, so could easily be joined back into a wiring loom, was just needing what they plugged into in case anybody needed one, or i listed them on ebay.

cheers
Phil
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
By worf
#152926
Well… that’s gonna suck.

I’m not sure the effort to identify those in the box will result in a positive return.

Many of the connectors are still available new from various sources.
User avatar
By h2pmr
#152941
worf wrote:Well… that’s gonna suck.

I’m not sure the effort to identify those in the box will result in a positive return.

Many of the connectors are still available new from various sources.
that's mainly what i wanted to know, if most are still getable and not worth a vast amount to anybody, i will just keep them,
although i did find a good 92861213100 which seems to be fitted on many 911's so might stick it on ebay, can always add a few £ to the price if it fits one of those beetle things :hiding:
cheers
Phil
User avatar
By SteveG
#153386
Help: I need this connector: it is part of a '93 air bag system. It connects clock spring to air bag controller or air bag unit that follows the clock spring; a 2 pin connector. It is embossed with "BMW 1371466", no other identifying marks; the pic is of the female end. Male is attached to the clock spring. I've looked at BMW catalog, PET and google (Crutchfield), any suggestions as to supplier appreciated.
Image
User avatar
By h2pmr
#153605
SteveG wrote:Help: I need this connector: it is part of a '93 air bag system. It connects clock spring to air bag controller or air bag unit that follows the clock spring; a 2 pin connector. It is embossed with "BMW 1371466", no other identifying marks; the pic is of the female end. Male is attached to the clock spring. I've looked at BMW catalog, PET and google (Crutchfield), any suggestions as to supplier appreciated.
Image
hi Steve
do you have some more pictures of the connector you need?
i don't have any Porsche ones, but from that picture it looks identical to many Peugeots of the same vintage of airbag system, which i might still have some of.

cheers
Phil
worf liked this
User avatar
By h2pmr
#155791
i just bought a tailgate opening motor off ebay and when it came it still had the connector- pictured below - in the motor but no actual wires in it.
a word of caution, this connector can be very very tight to remove, DO NOT pull the wires to remove the connector.
part number of it is 92861213100 and is NLA from Porsche, but the actual metal terminals that go inside it are still available.

local OPC have some terminals coming from the motherland next week, so should be able to make a good connector for ebay

cheers
Phil
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
By h2pmr
#157068
928 Guru Roger just confirmed these terminals fit into the above connector.
£1.78 each, a bargain and always amazes me what Porsche can still supply :drink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thank you, that is good information on Hammer's gr[…]

VIN look up?

Roger can do it Monday when he’s home. We[…]

Oil Sender

Will you be at Frenzy?

GTS Brake Ugrade

I call them shims;) You could also call them dam[…]