8 cylinder front engine iconic vehicle
By h2pmr
should be finished by early next week, not as big a project as the exploded engine.
a how to, if anybody wants to make one, all parts from an S4/GT engine:

steel oil pump drive sprocket, the alloy versions would need slight modification to make the con rod fit, whereas the con rod is a perfect fit on the steel drive + steel version is a lot heavier so adding weight to the base, still needs a better clean before it gets sprayed.

S4 con rod, need to cut just the threaded part of the pinch bolts off, then a light file of the none threaded section and then its the perfect size to cut 8x1.25mm threads into so as to bolt it firmly to the sprocket, need to use nut with molded in washer to stop it pulling through the large holes in the sprocket, but its very secure when tightened
the 2 oil holes for the small end should tap to 4x.7mm without any extra drilling so as to fit 2 grub screws to clamp the gudgeon pin firmly in place

will also have to drill 2 holes in the under side of the piston to fit another 2 grub screws to keep gudgeon pin/piston fixed firmly in place.

last picture was first mock up, original length con rod bolts are clamped in the vice
grub screws coming on Saturday, so should get the sprocket and rod fully cleaned and sprayed tomorrow.
more pictures as it progresses over the coming days :beerchug:

cheers
Phil
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bertrand Daoust liked this
By h2pmr
piston drilled and taped, con rod holes are perfect size and just need tapping.
grub screws loosely installed.
then fit piston to con rod, tighten both grub screws in con rod, so you can tilt the piston to get at them, then tighten grub screws in piston.
piston now fixed solid and not moving on rod :thumbup:
just need to get another coat of paint on it all and see what it looks like with the rings fitted
cheers
Phil
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Crumpler, worf liked this
By h2pmr
now fully secured in its final position, painted, and ready for a new owner, when i put it on ebay.
cheers
Phil
By h2pmr
final iteration of it, oil holes perfect size to screw key hooks into :cool:
goes on ebay tonight
cheers
Phil
linderpat liked this
By worf
Ok. Now that’s cool and useful. My wife needs a better spot for her keys.
By linderpat
Here's another one, not a 928 piston, but a cool gift I got from one of the kids.
h2pmr liked this
Vintage 911, what am I missing

Was looking at a 84 911 Targa on BAT, wife liked[…]

Thank you, that is good information on Hammer's gr[…]

VIN look up?

Roger can do it Monday when he’s home. We[…]

Oil Sender

Will you be at Frenzy?