Where you should report and bugs or suggestions

Should we retain history in chat room?

Yes - I'd like to see what happened when I wasn't logged in
56%
No - This should be used for real-time discussions, not to refer back to
44%
By fpena944
Our new chatroom has the ability to store history for a specified period of time.

What this does is if you're not logged in during a certain period of time you can see what conversation took place in your absence. You can also leave messages and tag another user there where they can respond at a later time.

The disadvantage to this is that the history will be retained and stored on a secured cloud server. The conversation is encrypted but as you all know nothing is completely secure so it's a bit out of our control. If someone was disingenuous they could use what you said against you - but the same can be said about what we discuss in the Dive Bar since it uses the same permissions.

What do you all prefer? Be able to see previous discussions or only see what you can see while you're logged in?

Note that this does not affect the forums or the wall where those are both permanently archived and visible until you delete the content yourself.
By Gretch
TheDeckMan wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:03 pm I would say no or possible time limit say like 4-8 hours and the text auto disappears.
I agree with this..................
By Charlie
Our independent thinkers sometimes express strong opinions that might not look good later, fully attributed, out of context, or as part of someone's targeted program.

If a chat should be preserved for any reason some delay allows for exceptions. Maybe after a day or two they disappear?
By martyp
Some context is required to have a meaningful conversation. A couple of days should be sufficient as long as those in the chat know there has been an update so they may continue to contribute.
By Gregs04.5
I voted no on this, let it expire after an hour or so. If you want it to be there, then use the regular forum, so far nothing has disappeared from there yet......
By fpena944
Problem solved!

The history will now only go back 50 messages. So we'll be able to see what took place before you joined into the conversation but only for a limited period of time.

Enjoy the room!
sunroof cover questions

Yeah. No padding. But, unless the padding wraps ar[…]

928 quick questions thread

Exactly Phil. Thicker sealing washers or a shorter[…]

Sunroof t-shooting

I thought I'd post the text of the document so it […]

The 928 Photo Thread

pictured is the plate that the choke 99961914100 i[…]