Where you should report and bugs or suggestions
By fpena944
Been working behind the scenes for a little bit here and am happy to introduce a set of some new features:

• Chat Room - A lot of you have already made use of this but I wanted to bring it back up because it was originally intended to be used as a test. Well now I think it's a keeper so here is a quick run-down of how to get to it. The first time you go in you HAVE to get there this way. Once you have logged in at least once successfully you can get there however you prefer to do so. Click on the "Community" selection:

image.png

Then click on "Chat" and you're in! If no one is there you can speak to yourself but otherwise just jump into the conversation! The conversation is visible for several hours and then disappears. So don't think to use this for future reference as the dialog will always be moving along. The forum or article section is best suited for archived content:

image.png

• New Memberships Module - This won't really apply to most of you as you've all already been quite generous. But I got rid of the "Donation" and previous "Memberships" module and instead added this new one. The main difference here is that this new module will offer more control over premium content and features/functionality than what we previously used. Plus we now have the ability to take any credit card as payment instead of relying only on Paypal.

For all of you original members you are part of what is called the "Platinum Club" which means that you'll never have to pay for premium features on this site. For those who donated in the upper tiers you have what is known as the "Hall of Fame" membership. The biggest differentiator now is more credits available for the Classifieds and some other capabilities we'll be adding in the future.

Note that this is a module that is run from within the "Community" page. So unless you click on there and let the system recognize you as a user then your membership will default to "Platinum Club" even if you donated a higher dollar figure. Also I just realized there were some that were not imported properly so I'll be fixing those shortly. I will continue updating the tables frequently but if you see that your membership is not reflecting your contribution, please don't be shy and tell me - I want to make sure you are all recognized and shown appreciation for your generosity!

If you're interested in seeing what this looks like then click here:

image.png

• Classifieds - Previously we were using a forum as a Classifieds platform, but that doesn't really lend itself to easy searching or browsing of items. We now have a new system that is more graphical and customizable. The old classified forum is now being repurposed as a "Wanted" or "Free/Recycle" forum instead.

Here is where you'll find the classifieds now:

image.png

As Platinum Club members you will all be provided with a number of credits every month. The credits will allow you to post basic classifieds for free and one premium ad every month. Hall of Fame get to post 10 premiums per month.

There is an option while posting an ad to purchase additional credits so if you run over there's an opportunity to add more to your account. The credits last indefinitely so you can keep them in your back pocket and use a bunch of them at a later date.

• Wall - Not really a new feature but figured some might be wondering what it is. Well it's the new name for the newsfeed. Had to rename it because it took too much space on the menu :)

Anyway this is similar to Facebook where you can post and share content with everyone. Not as easy to search as the forum but another means of communicating amongst yourselves.

image.png
As always, let me know if any questions or suggestions for improving functionality. I know the Classifieds are a little rough but figured your suggestions would mold it to what we need it to be.

Enjoy!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By Cuda911
Good stuff!

Is there some way to get to the Community tab using the simpler template?
By fpena944
Cuda911 wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:37 pm Good stuff!

Yes I always forget to change that one as it's a separate process.

Will take care of it in the morning!
By fpena944

As I re-read your question I think what you are asking is if there is a style for the Community that is similar to the Elegance theme?

Or is it that you can't find the Community link within Elegance?

If the latter then it is there although I did have to fix the link since I changed the name of the NewsFeed to Wall.

But if it's the former question then unfortunately in this case I'm locked into one style. With the forum we have the option to cycle between themes but with the rest of the site it is locked into the single style so unfortunately you're going to have a visual disconnect between forum and other board features.

Let me know what you were referencing and I can get you the right answer!
By Erik N
Fernando, when I click on "community", no new menu opens and it stays on this page.

PS, you want some jerky too? PM your address.
By fpena944
Erik N wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:06 am Fernando, when I click on "community", no new menu opens and it stays on this page.

PS, you want some jerky too? PM your address.
Wow that's strange, are any of the other menu items running into the same issue?

Can you get to it by clicking on this link:

https://openroad.site/pages/

As for the jerky, I love the stuff but never have ventured outside of beef, bison, ostrich, and deer. What does the exotic stuff taste like? If good then I'll send my addy!
By Cuda911
fpena944 wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:22 am

As I re-read your question I think what you are asking is if there is a style for the Community that is similar to the Elegance theme?

If the latter then it is there although I did have to fix the link since I changed the name of the NewsFeed to Wall.

But if it's the former question then unfortunately in this case I'm locked into one style. With the forum we have the option to cycle between themes but with the rest of the site it is locked into the single style so unfortunately you're going to have a visual disconnect between forum and other board features.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. It's the latter. Cant find th Community tab.
By fpena944
Cuda911 wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:39 am
fpena944 wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:22 am

Sorry if I wasn't clear. It's the latter. Cant find th Community tab.
Is this what you're seeing?
image.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By Erik N
El Jefe PM me your address.
By Gretch
I have some bear jerky for you fernando............ if you are up for it............

if not, no worries, a man would have to HAVE feelings, to have them hurt............

and as to contributions for the site.............. when can I just either send you a phuqing check or give you a credit card?????

:rage:
By fpena944
Gretch wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:50 pm I have some bear jerky for you fernando............ if you are up for it............

if not, no worries, a man would have to HAVE feelings, to have them hurt............

and as to contributions for the site.............. when can I just either send you a phuqing check or give you a credit card?????

:rage:
You know what, I'm feeling invincible so yeah, I'd like to try some!

As for credit card payment, it's now supported under the membership program. Both PayPal and major credit cards. I'm looking into another donation plugin that allows us to skip PayPal but right now only the membership module supports it. Thanks!
By Landseer
Hi Fernando,

How can I get visibility to the basic banner that you show in earlier posts above, that is, the banner where you have circled the various selection possibilities in red ?
(Sorry, should have perhaps poted this down below, not inside your admin sticky..pls move if possible)

Here's a screen print of what I normally see on this Samsung phone
Last edited by Landseer on Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Cuda911
Yep, same here.
By fpena944
It's different because on the phone the responsive design does away with a few elements in order to save on space.

But I can see from the screen there is an issue with that menu as it shows it is already being pressed.

Let me get to fixing that.
By wsh
Don't know where to put it, so I'll leave it here....

you've done a FANTASTIC job creating this forum

THANK YOU :innocent:
Formula 1 2020 And Beyond

My thoughts on Miami race are (I think..) simila[…]

Refurbishing D90 Wheels

Those wheels are Pirelli P Slots, OEM on certain 8[…]

my #3 restoration thread

had a look at it this morning Dave, and when i had[…]

Racing garments

Let me call my son ~ you can never have too many […]