Watercooled 911s
By TheDeckMan
Some new power goodies showed up for the 997tt project, after a long wait some AWE Intercoolers and hoses. These should go well with the Do88 Inlets for a good little bump in power after a re-tune from Kevin.
By linderpat
I've been submerged in my new to me 85 928S for weeks now, really enjoying driving it, and continuously working on it. New things keep breaking, but I am getting close to being done with it. Also drove my 78 928 the other night, and what a car. But yesterday, I finally put the 928 away and pulled the 997 back out of my "overflow" garage, and drove it to work. Damn it was nice to drive a modern Porsche! These cars just look so great and drive even better. With all maintenance caught up, just jump in twist the key and off I go.
By amdavid
With a large smile!.. :mrgreen:

linderpat wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:48 am I've been submerged in my new to me 85 928S for weeks now, really enjoying driving it, and continuously working on it. New things keep breaking, but I am getting close to being done with it. Also drove my 78 928 the other night, and what a car. But yesterday, I finally put the 928 away and pulled the 997 back out of my "overflow" garage, and drove it to work. Damn it was nice to drive a modern Porsche! These cars just look so great and drive even better. With all maintenance caught up, just jump in twist the key and off I go.
linderpat liked this
By TheDeckMan
All the tools needed to pin the coolant fittings on my buddies GT3 with the motor still in. That was a fun job, took about 8 hours to complete over a couple days after work.

Now just have to pull the 7tt motor and do it and pin the cams.
By TheDeckMan
Doesnt look bad, 91k is a good price for a .2 GT3 IMO considering what folks have wanted for them in the past.

Searching the vin did not come back with anything crazy over on the discussion thread in the GT3 forum. Get a good PPI and leak down numbers to check things over. Figure you will most likely have to deal with the coolant fittings at some point.

When it comes to motor choice, a Mezger turbo or N/A is always my personal choice.
Louis de Funes liked this
By Louis de Funes
TheDeckMan wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:55 pm Doesnt look bad, 91k is a good price for a .2 GT3 IMO considering what folks have wanted for them in the past.

Searching the vin did not come back with anything crazy over on the discussion thread in the GT3 forum. Get a good PPI and leak down numbers to check things over. Figure you will most likely have to deal with the coolant fittings at some point.

When it comes to motor choice, a Mezger turbo or N/A is always my personal choice.
thank you for your reply
By linderpat
Been driving my "new" 85 928 for a few weeks now, so yesterday dropped it off at the overflow garage and swapped it out for my 997. Felt good to drive it again. It is so nice and tight, and handles like a top. Always fun getting used to the different shift patterns as I switch back and forth between the 928 and the 997.
By lupo.sk
I’ve started reluctantly looking at 997.1 TTs, do you guys have any recommendations or what to get and what to avoid? Want the auto tranny since I’m lazy and have my share of stick shifts to scratch that itch.

I’m looking at porsche approved cars, keeping it around 100k kms (65kish miles), no color combo preference. Any issues to look out for, any must have options?

Couple of years ago, my good friend had crazy optioned 997 TTS manual that used to be owned by Ferdy Piech himself. I drove that car A LOT and since then consider the 997 my favourite.
By linderpat
that is a sweet car. Love those wheels.
By lupo.sk
amdavid wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:32 am No direct experience with the 997 Turbo, only the .1 S. I'm trying to help you spend your money...see below link if you haven't already. Figured I'd spare you think RL link.

https://www.exoticcarhacks.com/car-revi ... ers-guide/
Thanks man, I found that one. I have a pretty good idea the cars by now, just wanted to see if there is anything special to look out for that these kinds of articles miss.
By TheDeckMan
lupo.sk wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:22 pm I’ve started reluctantly looking at 997.1 TTs, do you guys have any recommendations or what to get and what to avoid? Want the auto tranny since I’m lazy and have my share of stick shifts to scratch that itch.

I’m looking at porsche approved cars, keeping it around 100k kms (65kish miles), no color combo preference. Any issues to look out for, any must have options?

Couple of years ago, my good friend had crazy optioned 997 TTS manual that used to be owned by Ferdy Piech himself. I drove that car A LOT and since then consider the 997 my favourite.

Pulled mine out the other day, have not driven it all year.

I have had mine for almost 3 years so far, things to watch out for are:
Coolant Fittings failing
Failing slave (not an issue on PDK)
Seized up wastegate actuators (spray them down every oil change and good)
Cam sleeves slipping (not super common, more common on tracked/anti lag cars it seems)
Normal suspension wear and tear items like LCA bushings/ball joints.
Boost leaks (old vacuum lines/FPR line likes to pop off)
Spoiler ram failures (put electric rams in and cannot be happier)

Overall other than a couple broken coil plugs and some boost leaks it has been a solid car, I have put on 14k miles in the past 2 years and it makes for a great road trip car.
lupo.sk liked this
By latonnelier
Since this is, ultimately, a Porsche site. Thought I should make some effort here:)

My '06 C2S has 196k on the odometer so it needs some attention from time to time. I'll often find myself tracking down a vacuum leak; last month it was the pipe from the vacuum pump. Well, last week I noticed a miss at idle, broke out the Durametric and only the #5 cylinder was misfiring. This time it wasn't a vacuum leak. This morning I got under the car and pulled the ignition coil for #5 and sure enough...there was a crack running through the top and bottom sides of the little chingadera. Luckily, I had a set of coils purchased for my planned rebuild at 200k and an hour later all 6 were replaced. Car runs smooth as butter now.

Just a reminder that Crack(s) Kill(s)...
Last edited by latonnelier on Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By linderpat
nice catch!
By TheDeckMan
Nice catch on the coil!

Wrapped up the IC install on the 997 last night and began tackling the radiators.

Found this jammed under the head light bucket and into the radiator shroud. Seems to be some tracking device for anti-theft/lease.

Have not found any more but will continue to keep an eye out, wonder if one is in the drivers door due to odd speaker issues....

Radiators thanks to FCP, sort of a PITA to pull everything, the connection to the center radiator was the most PITA to pull.

Drivers side assembled, now just have to finish the passenger side and put the new center in.
By fpena944
Did you not know about this tracking device? Scary to think someone might still be tracking without your knowledge!
By lupo.sk
fpena944 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:04 am Did you not know about this tracking device? Scary to think someone might still be tracking without your knowledge!
Yeah, especially if you own any kind of smartphone, very scary :wink:
By fpena944
Haha you're right! We're all tracked constantly throughout our lives. Phones in our pockets and cameras everywhere!
By TheDeckMan
fpena944 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:04 am Did you not know about this tracking device? Scary to think someone might still be tracking without your knowledge!
lupo.sk wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:45 am
fpena944 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:27 pm Haha you're right! We're all tracked constantly throughout our lives. Phones in our pockets and cameras everywhere!

Crazy, I had no idea of it nor my buddy that bought the car from a dealer. Seems like it had some of these trackers in it for insurance reason. I emailed the company to find out if there are more...now I need to tear more of the car apart.

At least my garage is a giant faraday cage.
By fpena944
TheDeckMan wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:04 pm
lupo.sk wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:45 am
fpena944 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:27 pm Haha you're right! We're all tracked constantly throughout our lives. Phones in our pockets and cameras everywhere!

Crazy, I had no idea of it nor my buddy that bought the car from a dealer. Seems like it had some of these trackers in it for insurance reason. I emailed the company to find out if there are more...now I need to tear more of the car apart.

At least my garage is a giant faraday cage.
If black helicopters show up at your home you'll know you messed with the wrong device. :scream:
By linderpat
Happy Friday folks! Sleepy bunch here!
By TheDeckMan
fpena944 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:17 pm If black helicopters show up at your home you'll know you messed with the wrong device. :scream:
Funny you mention that....seen a couple as of late :open_mouth:

linderpat wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:47 am Happy Friday folks! Sleepy bunch here!
TFIG!!! Hopefully wrap up the 997 radiators and fix the door handle to be able to drive it a couple more times before the snow flies. Holding out on the suspension install until over winter.
By Louis de Funes
on my drive today up to Mormon Lake / Happy Jack I hit 80k
80k - 12.09.20.jpg

:drink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By amdavid
80k is a perfectly broke in 911. That's when it's loosened up to just right.
By Louis de Funes
anybody know what color this is?
997ppf_01.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By Alansglide
For Porsche colors this site shows samples of the color and the years it was used. Just click on the color ,blue,green etc and it shows a chart with examples. http://elferclassic.de/technik/farben/plack-blau.php
By Louis de Funes
amdavid wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:37 pm Guessing Maritime...

Cool link...
https://www.gearpatrol.com/cars/a278854 ... rsche-911/
Louis de Funes wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:48 am anybody know what color this is?

997ppf_01.png
Alansglide wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:45 pm For Porsche colors this site shows samples of the color and the years it was used. Just click on the color ,blue,green etc and it shows a chart with examples. http://elferclassic.de/technik/farben/plack-blau.php
thank you very much for those links

:beerchug:
By Louis de Funes
I bought a bunch of parts for my 911 and one was a Water Pump kit with a Low Temp Thermostat

but I also bought a Low Temp Thermostat with a housing

which means I do not need this extra Thermostat

If you are planing to install a Low Temp Thermostat you can have this for Free (I even pay for the Shipping) - never opened the package

it includes the tool to remove the old one and a new gasket

send me a IM with your address and it's yours

20201212_010917.jpg
20201212_010940.jpg
20201212_010949.jpg
amdavid liked this
By Louis de Funes
I have a GO PRO Mount (complete set - just a little discolored)

I had a new one made to match color - the one that is show is weathered from Sun and Car washes (you will need some rubber gaskets) to align properly

this was paid forward to me so I am doing the same - you cab spray paint it any color

it is free - I even pay shipping - if you want it claim it here and send me a IM with your Shipping Info
20200523_225831.jpg
20200523_225856.jpg
20200523_225946.jpg
I used a "Fake" Go Pro in my 911 - 1 out the back / one pointing front and one in the "To Hook"

I am sure with w real Go Pro you can go longer than 30 minute recordings
linderpat, TheDeckMan liked this
By linderpat
I'll take it if not already spoken for. Thanks Louie!
By Louis de Funes
linderpat wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:24 am I'll take it if not already spoken for. Thanks Louie!

it's yours - replied to your IM
linderpat liked this
By FlatSix

997ppf_01.png
Yes that’s probably Maritime Blue. Unspeakably beautiful in real life.
By Louis de Funes
FlatSix wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:41 pm

997ppf_01.png
Yes that’s probably Maritime Blue. Unspeakably beautiful in real life.

I have not seen one in person but just looking at pictures of cars with that color - they look stunning

thinking about having my Car wrapped in that color
By linderpat
Louis de Funes wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:08 pm
linderpat wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:24 am I'll take it if not already spoken for. Thanks Louie!

it's yours - replied to your IM
Thank you!
By linderpat
Helloooo, heelllooo, heeeelllloooooo (echo)

Anybody here? :wink:
By Skyhawk172
Yea the room seem empty most times
By groovzilla
Long time since I've been on this Forum - Anyone else want to keep it alive??
All the best!
By groovzilla
linderpat wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:39 pm Helloooo, heelllooo, heeeelllloooooo (echo)

Yo Linder waz upp?? I just posted a minute earlier and been a looong time.
I'm getting back into a 997 - Missin it too much
By linderpat
groovzilla wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:21 am
linderpat wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:39 pm Helloooo, heelllooo, heeeelllloooooo (echo)

Thank God you've come to yur friggin senses Groove. Now ya gotta stop selling high an buying even higher - these 997's aren't dropping in price, at all!
groovzilla liked this
By Skyhawk172
groovzilla wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:20 am Long time since I've been on this Forum - Anyone else want to keep it alive??
All the best!
I keep trying
groovzilla liked this
By Louis de Funes
amdavid wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:28 pm 997 good!....want mine back with the 4.0 that was recently installed.

that's gone be a FUN ride

:eyepop:

mine is all tucked away in Arizona waiting for me to get back.

one more week of Sun / Beach and Biker Babes :roflmao: oh and I forgot lots of Drinking :drunk:

the Bikers have been in town (Daytona Beach) since last week but they are pretty tame this year
amdavid liked this
By Louis de Funes
groovzilla wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:21 am

good for you

look forward to seeing some Pictures of your new Ride
By TheDeckMan
Skyhawk172 wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:18 pm Yea the room seem empty most times
groovzilla wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:20 am Long time since I've been on this Forum - Anyone else want to keep it alive??
All the best!
As soon as I do anything to mine sure will be posting up here again.

amdavid wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:28 pm 997 good!....want mine back with the 4.0 that was recently installed.
4.0L wow!!!

Still lots of snow on the ground here and salt on the roads, been busy with the house reno and work stuff so have not touched anything in the garage for the past couple months. Need to get some parts ordered up to drop the motor out of the 997tt for an overhaul to get it ready for driving in May. The 996 is starting to get torn apart so need at least one 911 to drive this year.

Of course a couple projects ahead of it is to wrap up new seat sliders in the Audi and a level sensor, then can finish the catch can setup on the Corrado and figure out why the Hella horns turn on with the lights :roflmao: Then that can get an alignment so I can do some tuning on the standalone, these are some small projects that can be wrapped up in a weekend or two then can spend time on the 997 and 996.
Louis de Funes liked this
By Skyhawk172
Finally going to work on a Friday which is Bring the Porsche to work day. She has been tucked away in the garage for 2 weeks, so this morning she got out to stretch her legs. Not driving her for two weeks I kind of have thought of why I still own her. But driving her this morning reminds why I do. Sitting in a car that I know will kick ass on most cars is one of the high lights the other is on the drive to work there is a light that has 3 lanes that converge down to two right after the intersection and I always stay in the middle lane. well this morning some idiot in the the third lane starts to creep up on me which I hate. when the light turns green I can here the guy beside me put his foot into it to beat me to the converge point but, with little to no effort I leave him in the dust with a big smile on my face. BTW since it was cold never went above 2500 rpm as my oils was still warming up :lol2:
By Own Goal
F04E2B12-8952-4425-8C49-49B967E7407F.jpeg
Just found we had a 997 thread. Nice. 2009 997.2 S. PDK, turbo rear dec and wing, Fabspeed dual cone intake, Sharkwerks X pipe, PSE. 58k miles.
By amdavid
TheDeckMan wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:06 am

Still lots of snow on the ground here and salt on the roads, been busy with the house reno and work stuff so have not touched anything in the garage for the past couple months. Need to get some parts ordered up to drop the motor out of the 997tt for an overhaul to get it ready for driving in May. The 996 is starting to get torn apart so need at least one 911 to drive this year.
Looking forward to seeing the 997tt overhaul and getting it back on the road.

Skyhawk, good stuff. :burnout:
78 in Fort worth

Ed that would look good with new tan carpets and b[…]

Ineos Grenadier

It’s not an SUV. It’s a hardcore offro[…]

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]