Racing, Drivers Education, autocross, and other motorsports
By David993S
Nice to see Carlos on pole. I think LeClerc would have taken pole if he had not bobbled on his last lap. Should be a good race tomorrow. With Ferraris penchant for screwing up strategy, my money is on Max.
By JustBud
There's been a lot of criticism of the halo, and a couple of incidents in F1 that it worked well, but at 1:20 of this video of the F2 race at Silverstone is the first time I've seen the halo without a doubt save a drivers life. :eek:

David993S liked this
By David993S
Had to switch away from the pre-race stuff as they started doing a climate change segment.
Hope the race is a good one.
By JustBud
The second life saver of the weekend for the halo on the first lap......wow, that was a bad wreck.
By Scott at Team Harco
Wow. That was exciting. Best race of the year.
linderpat liked this
By Crisis
Yup, this one didn’t lack for excitement start to finish. Interesting to follow the changes of fortune for the Ferrari drivers. As skilled as these guys are, luck still plays a huge part in the results.
By JustBud
Wished CLC could have held onto the 3rd spot on the podium...... he battled on used hards against the Ham Sandwich on new softs and almost held on......

CLC is a fantastic wheel to wheel racer.

Congrats to Carlos for his first win and I'm glad they didn't do a Britbias move and penalize Checo at the end.

Curious to know how much damage Max had to the floor, that Red Bull just went backward after that and was all over the track.....

Good to see Schumi jr. gets points finally and that Zhou is ok.
By linderpat
hell of a race. Agreed, best one of the year. Lot's of excitement from beginning to end. Thank God nobody was badly hurt or killed in that first crash.
By Gator_86_951
JustBud wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:29 am The second life saver of the weekend for the halo on the first lap......wow, that was a bad wreck.
Yeah, I wasn't able to watch live. Another vote for the halo. So many times we have seen that prevent a serious incident. Every time I see that device in action it makes me think of Libeler's wreck at the SCCA runoffs in 1989. I was 8 years old when I saw that live at Road Atlanta just past the bridge. I was on the hill with my dad on the outside of the track. I think this was pre-kink before the bridge. https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm ... story.html
By Scott at Team Harco
By Streck-Fu
Both Merc crash in Q3! HA!

Kind of feel bad for Russel but.....Fuck Merc.
Crisis liked this
By David993S
Missed qualifying. Replacing the battery in the Ferrari. Fortunately, eligible for a free replacement. 40 minutes to remove, 1.5 hrs to reinstall. What a PITA,
Hope it's not an omen for Ferrari tomorrow. :rolleyes:
By Crisis
Entertaining sprint race this morning. First the battle between the Ferraris, then Mick valiantly holding off Hammie until KMag pulled out of DRS reach. Better management by Haas would have seen them with 2 cars in the points and Hammie another spot back.
By linderpat
David993S wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:16 pm Missed qualifying. Replacing the battery in the Ferrari. Fortunately, eligible for a free replacement. 40 minutes to remove, 1.5 hrs to reinstall. What a PITA,
Hope it's not an omen for Ferrari tomorrow. :rolleyes:
Ferrari is pitiful at this point. I'd have no faith in those machines making it to the end of any race. What a disaster they've become. Char was lucky to finish first.
By Crisis
Yup. Ferrari's got the speed, but need to get reliability significantly improved to have a shot at the championship. Had to be excruciating for Carlos to be getting ready to pass Max for second place and then just have his engine grenade on him.
By JustBud
says a lot........

By David993S
Saw a very brief story about Colton Herta having a test with McLaren. Supposedly went "well", whatever that means. It would be nice to see an American driver in F1.
By linderpat
Another disappointing but entirely predictable outcome for Ferrari. Char, Char Char. Damn.
By JustBud
Seb is retiring.

By Scott at Team Harco
Quite a shake-up in qualifying. Surprise pole sitter.

Trouble for RBR but McLaren, Ferrari and Mercedes look solid. Alpine, not too bad either.
dernflatlander liked this
By David993S
Ferrari needs to make some changes. Not sure with whom, but they screw up pit/tire strategy far too often and it's costing them a championship. Not sure if Binotto needs to go or perhaps hire away some key strategists from Mercedes. Hell, even Hass strategists make better decisions than Ferrari. As a Ferrari fan it's tough to watch.

Hate seeing the Crybaby on the podium.
By JustBud
David993S wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:51 am Ferrari needs to make some changes. Not sure with whom, but they screw up pit/tire strategy far too often and it's costing them a championship. Not sure if Binotto needs to go or perhaps hire away some key strategists from Mercedes. Hell, even Hass strategists make better decisions than Ferrari. As a Ferrari fan it's tough to watch.

Hate seeing the Crybaby GIVEN the podium.
Just a small correction but Ferrari should have been the two on the podium....Max earned his spot for sure.....still like seeing GR outdrive the Ham Sandwich even given the special treatment by Queen Toto.... (did you see the smirk when the Crybaby got by George)
By Crisis
Today was a perfect example of how much harder it is for a team to be good on race day than it is to be good in qualifying. Both Ferrari and Alpine royally shat the bed today.
By JustBud
:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

By LPMM
I did not read the VF article but I enjoyed Symes’ cliff notes on Lulu. :popcorn:
https://www.motorious.com/articles/news ... eel-sorry/

Lewis Hamilton Wants You To Feel Sorry For Him
Aug 11, 2022
Steven Symes

It’s hard having a lot of fame and money…

He may be one of the greatest Formula One drivers to this point, and he’s fabulously wealthy as a result, but Lewis Hamilton has it really rough. As detailed out in a recent Vanity Fair interview, Hamilton has struggled with everything from feeling like he doesn’t fit in with the F1 crowd to getting anxious when he drives on public roads. The man probably cries into stacks of cash every night, drying his tears off on more than the average family hauls in for a year, and somehow falls asleep.

That’s right, you’re supposed to feel sorry for this guy and how rough life has been for him, but it’s not entirely obvious why. He starts off in the interview talking about how he’s broken the mold for how F1 drivers are supposed to behave, showing tattoos and piercings, plus having a “personality.” That’s right, drivers who have been famous for signing women’s body parts in the past were stuffy, buttoned-up robots with zero personalities – it’s news to us. Apparently one needs tattoos and piercings to have a personality.

Hamilton has also been asked to not wear jewelry while in his car. There’s a rule against it, and while it hasn’t been enforced by officials in F1 for a while, now they’re asking all drivers to comply for safety reasons. Of course, that means they’re singling out Hamilton because that’s how things go.

Vanity Fair talks about how “Hamilton carried on regardless” because he faced so much persecution in one of the most competitive sports in the world. Most people get chewed up and spit out the back end of F1 racing, but this guy has stood on the podium often and has become one of the most famous racers alive today. So you better feel bad for all the pain he’s had to endure which nobody else on the face of the planet has ever had to deal with, at least not like he has.

Then there’s the wealth issue. He gets stressed driving his collection of exotic and classic cars on public roads because there are bad drivers out there. The rest of us probably don’t feel any anxiety while dealing with distracted drivers because we’re just driving our pleb vehicles and they don’t matter as much as Hamilton’s beauties. As a result, he says he just doesn’t drive that much anymore. On other occasions he’s claimed he doesn’t drive his car collection much because of concerns about pollution, so no doubt he’s been taking sailboats around the world instead of riding in a jet.

There’s no denying Hamilton’s raw talent refined through years of racing at the highest levels. But feeling sorry for him because he’s faced challenges and continues to do so is ridiculous. After all, that’s what we all deal with in life.
By dernflatlander
Ever since his diatribe about how privileged Nico was for growing up in Monte Carlo and how he felt that it was an unfair advantage and he was all butt hurt, I've referred to Louise as The Poor Black Child. My bride just rolls her eyes and smiles.
By Streck-Fu
You are racist if you don't feel sorry for me. Lacking empathy is literally violence. :roflmao:
By dernflatlander
I can only imagine how today's nambi pambi youts would view James Hunt. Nelson has fallen to the woke ban hammer. Toto saying the F1 grid is afraid to let Suzi race. My god, has castration replaced circumcision for male births?
By David993S
Wow. Impressive drive by Max today.
I have to agree with Alonso........The Cry Baby only knows how to drive and start from first place.
By linderpat
Yes, Alonzo was rather direct :lol2: As to Max, that was some of the best driving I've seen. Fun race. I'd love to drive that track too.
By David993S
linderpat wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:02 pm Yes, Alonzo was rather direct :lol2: As to Max, that was some of the best driving I've seen. Fun race. I'd love to drive that track too.

If I could pick any GP to attend, it would be Spa.
By Streck-Fu
Now that Audi has announced entry into f1 as a PU manufacturer and things are getting cold with Red Bull/Porsche, will 2 parts of Audi(VW) Group actually compete against each other?
By David993S
Good highlights, Scott.

I doubt anyone believes the Cry Baby when he says he didn't know Alonso was in his "blind spot". BS. He knew exactly where he was and if he didn't, he should be in F1 or any formula car. Cry Baby is one of the worst offenders of claiming ownership of an Apex whether he's ahead or not, especially when he's behind and causes a collision.........and he's done it his entire career. Don't forget his move on Max last year at Silverstone........potentially deadly. It's one of the reasons I'm not a fan of his. And getting butt-hurt about Alonso's comment is ironic. Cry Baby has made more than his fair share of disparaging comments about other drivers over the years.

I'll not miss him when he's gone from F1.

(let's hear from the Hamilton fans now. :wink: )
By Scott at Team Harco
F Lulu. He's had it so good for so long. Now that things aren't falling his way, we see him for what he truly is.
By linderpat
I don't have any problems with Hammy. They are all prima donnas, as far as that goes, and they all bitch and point at one another. Max is a miserable cuss, and he's only mid-20s and just starting his path to greatness. Wait a few more years and he'll be intolerable. Hammy came clean about being at fault in the dust up with Alonzo yesterday too.
By David993S
linderpat wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:58 pm I don't have any problems with Hammy. They are all prima donnas, as far as that goes, and they all bitch and point at one another. Max is a miserable cuss, and he's only mid-20s and just starting his path to greatness. Wait a few more years and he'll be intolerable. Hammy came clean about being at fault in the dust up with Alonzo yesterday too.
He only came clean only after hearing what Alonso said. His admission only confirms he knew he didn't have the Apex.
You may be right about Max. We'll see how he handles things as his career progresses.
:thumbup:
By JustBud
Just watched the Belgian GP and I agree with the comments above and especially Alonso's nice little tirade on the radio!! :lol2: Talk about a call out.....

only one more thing to add, who did CLC piss off at Ferrari to have them sabotage him with anything they possibly can...... poor guy, I like CLC and think he's a great driver but he has a bit of growing to do. That has been exposed a bit this year.
By Scott at Team Harco
Ferrari has a history of making some of the worst strategic moves, ever. Not sure they are doing anything specific to screw with Char.

Also true, Char is not mature or skilled enough to fight Max on even footing - even if the team weren't screwing things up...
By JustBud
Valterri still trying to be the best teammate Lewis ever had..... :lol2:

Scott, you said it last week, F*ckrrari continuing to screw both their drivers.......

And I'll only post this for no spoilers...... very happy with the results. :beerchug:
By Scott at Team Harco
JustBud wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:34 am Valterri still trying to be the best teammate Lewis ever had..... :lol2:

Scott, you said it last week, F*ckrrari continuing to screw both their drivers.......

And I'll only post this for no spoilers...... very happy with the results. :beerchug:
Poor Lulu, crying like a little bitch again. Whaaa....

George is doing a good job of showing that he is a better driver.

Yeah - I'm happy with the results, too. Max has enough of a lead, in the championship, it will be near impossible to overcome.
By David993S
One could almost be convinced Ferrari is purposely messing up either their pit stops or their strategy.......or both. Hard to believe with all the scrutiny they've been under they would make such a huge mistake with Carlos. Oh well.
Nice win for Max, and happy to see the Cry Baby missing out on the podium. But i will concede the team screwed up his tire selection. So not his fault. Otherwise, he may have won.
By Scott at Team Harco
David993S wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:42 pm One could almost be convinced Ferrari is purposely messing up either their pit stops or their strategy.......or both. Hard to believe with all the scrutiny they've been under they would make such a huge mistake with Carlos. Oh well.
Nice win for Max, and happy to see the Cry Baby missing out on the podium. But i will concede the team screwed up his tire selection. So not his fault. Otherwise, he may have won.
I don't see where any team would deliberately mess-up. Ineptitude is more probable. As I noted above, they have a rich history of fuck-ups.

The Mercedes strategy may have been to keep their options open. Had there been no safety car, Lulu might have had a better result. None of these calls are easy. Putting one car on one strategy and the other car on a different one can payoff - but not always for both. In the case of Ferrari, they're lucky to make one good call...
Bring A Trailer finds

no it doesn't Right, so the Shelby Do[…]

Tractors

The rear tires on my tractor are filled with beet […]

Ineos Grenadier

Sewell has a dealership for them here in the DFW m[…]

78 in Fort worth

Ed that would look good with new tan carpets and b[…]