SUVs and sedans
By amdavid
I've never seen a "fuel gauge malfunction". 2011 Cayenne S, goes from home to Tahoe for the weekend and decides to throw above error, fuel gauge was moving back and forth with the low fuel indicator light was blinking....happened for about 3-4 mins. After the light show, gauge settled down in proper location, blinking light went off and all was fine. We'll see if it happens again, all good for now.
By fpena944
amdavid wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:55 pm I've never seen a "fuel gauge malfunction". 2011 Cayenne S, goes from home to Tahoe for the weekend and decides to throw above error, fuel gauge was moving back and forth with the low fuel indicator light was blinking....happened for about 3-4 mins. After the light show, gauge settled down in proper location, blinking light went off and all was fine. We'll see if it happens again, all good for now.
I've had it happen to me and it exhibited the same symptoms as you. But in all cases it simply cleared itself up the next time I started up the car.

Funny thing though, the word "gauge" in the error message is spelled "gage" so someone messed up!
amdavid liked this
By lupo.sk
I’ve had this malfunction when I first got my porker after a custom tune for bigger turbos, injectors etc.
The light came on after about 150 miles of driving. Then I sadly found out it wasn’t a malfunction and I had really used 23gal to drive 150ish miles. :lol:
amdavid liked this
By fpena944
lupo.sk wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:51 pm I’ve had this malfunction when I first got my porker after a custom tune for bigger turbos, injectors etc.
The light came on after about 150 miles of driving. Then I sadly found out it wasn’t a malfunction and I had really used 23gal to drive 150ish miles. :lol:
Wow!

As much as I love my CTT it is a gas guzzler when you're having fun with it or towing something. But man the sound that thing makes when you floor it makes it all worth it.
By lupo.sk
Exactly.
I will try to finish rebuilding my porker this year. Have to finish other projects but when it’s said and done, I’ll post up about it here.
By DAVfoto
I had one as well but it wasn't moving back and forth. Had it fixed under warranty. I think it was a sensor for the fuel pump or near the tank. I don't remember.
By wwilliams888
I had this happen in December. Since I’m at 144K miles and well out of warranty I added a bottle of Techron to the tank. Seemed to take care of the problem within a few days. The contacts on the level sensor can get corroded over time causing the weird fuel gauge behavior.
Ineos Grenadier

Sewell has a dealership for them here in the DFW m[…]

78 in Fort worth

Ed that would look good with new tan carpets and b[…]

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]