8 cylinder front engine iconic vehicle
By JMW928
worf wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:40 pm
It is sexy.

How about these brake hydraulic lines?

Pretty! Something else to put on my to do list.

Is that a 33 bar bias valve? That’s what I have in mine.

Part of my current soundproofing project is installation of this Dynapad in the rear hatch area. Not pictured are the acoustical foam tiles in the spare tire well.
By worf
JMW928 wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:27 pm Pretty! Something else to put on my to do list.
Best done with motor out and lines removed.

JMW928 wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:27 pm Is that a 33 bar bias valve? That’s what I have in mine.
Yup. Although I anticipate needing to drop to a 24 BAR valve. During the brake caliper rebuild I discovered that its rear brake calipers had been previously "substituted" to the same-sized 993 part, but that 993 caliper has bigger pistons so, more braking force. Might be a bit too lively for a 33 BAR regulator.

JMW928 wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:27 pm Part of my current soundproofing project is installation of this Dynapad in the rear hatch area. Not pictured are the acoustical foam tiles in the spare tire well.
Not glued down I hope? Otherwise, fuel level sender will be fun to R&R when required.

Soundproofing for the roof:

By JMW928
Hi Dave - no, the Dynapad is not glued down, it just lays in there and lifts out if needed. It’s fairly dense and relatively heavy. I also have Dynamat for the floorboards up front - it does have the adhesive backing. That’s next on my list. Here’s the acoustical tile I stacked in the spare tire well.
hernanca liked this
By h2pmr
random
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hernanca liked this
By JMW928
Image Getting properly conditioned.
By h2pmr
early days, from Porsche brochure WVK106925
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By worf
As requested: Some pics of the restoration that I've been working on (for far, far too long) for a client.

Pretty much every thing you see here is new (engine bay harness, reservoir, etc.), re-plated, ceramic coated, polished, or rebuilt.

By worf
9" Club Sports on all four corners. One-of-a-kind, never to be repeated (by anyone sane), Champagne platinum anodized to match Weissach Edition manholes. They do not photograph well. In person they are subtle and stunning.

Front suspension: nothing old, rusty, worn. (Rear suspension images up thread.)

Bertrand Daoust, Don Smith, JMW928 and 1 others liked this
By worf
Brakes rebuilt (seals, guide plates), hardware re-plated, body restored with high-temp ceramic color and ceramic clear coat.

Transaxle rebuilt including new PSD clutch pack. Black Sea R&D Torque Tube. Hans Shifter.

By worf
It also has a motor:

6.5 liter internals and heads from You Know Who with all the extras. Built by and clearances triple-checked by me. '79/'80 windage tray and fully-screened "rubber sealed vacuum nozzle" oil pickup, pan spacer, first batch of the "green" OP gaskets. Etc, etc.

Last edited by worf on Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By worf
I just bought $500 worth of striped tracer wire (and some solid colors too) and various connectors and pins to begin accumulating the parts required to make repairs to the dash harness over in the passenger corner.

This is the car that furnished all the "mice" pics from TOS' picture thread I used to admonish folks for not posting pictures.

Little bit of work left... :banghead:

Crumpler, JMW928, hernanca liked this
By Stepson
Cars from the DFW March 5, 2022 breakfast.
linderpat liked this
By JMW928
Buffed with Griots Garage Machine Polish 3 followed by the first coat of CQuartz.
Bertrand Daoust liked this
By worf
JMW928 wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:48 pm Buffed with Griots Garage Machine Polish 3 followed by the first coat of CQuartz.
Looks good. Polishing lights (all of them) and exterior/interior glass is one of the "Jedi Mind Tricks" that makes a good-looking car look great. It is something that the subconscious notices but the conscious mind typically ignores.

While you have those out, peer deeply into your tail light sockets and treat the contacts with CorrosionX. Beware however, that you may have one or more "Schrödinger Sockets."

Gary Knox, JMW928, hernanca liked this
By JMW928
Indeed and thanks for the electrical tip. I also ceramic coated the front turn signals and the XPEL protection film on the driving lights. I bought these driving lights new a number of years ago and applied XPEL before installation on the car - made a huge difference in appearance over the significantly pitted original ones. I should probably replace the turn signals as they’re fairly pitted, too. All glass has been cleaned inside and out, will polish the exterior glass later.
By Tony
JMW928 wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:48 pm Buffed with Griots Garage Machine Polish 3 followed by the first coat of CQuartz.

Take some fine sand paper to all the molding marks and then repeat that polishing process. I have zero lines, letterring or "marks" on mine. They really look incredible when done

JMW928, hernanca liked this
By JMW928
That’s a great idea, Tony!

Much of my detail work is prepping for next year’s Werks Reunion at Amelia Island. If I can make it, I’ll even break out my NIB lug nuts. I’ve been saving them for a special occasion. :cool:
worf liked this
By Don Smith
I am debating whether to add a hole, next to the one shown, to allow the passenger, to place his coffee, next to mine. I am planning to go to Frenzy, this September, and will have the p.o. riding with me(Luc- Oups59).
I do not allow eating in the car, but coffee is always welcome. But, then again, the passenger has 2 free hands.
Totally looking forward to Frenzy.
Cheers
Don
By h2pmr
SE + speed = :thumbup:
SE + masking tape and seat piping spraying = :angry: , but worth the effort in the end :thumbup:
worf, Don Smith, Bertrand Daoust and 1 others liked this
By h2pmr
found a couple of old SD cards i had from many years ago, i used to take a lot of pictures as i went through a few 928 rebuilds.
a small selection of them coming up, in no particular order
first.
THE GOOD
By h2pmr
THE BAD
By h2pmr
AND THE FRUSTY
more to follow
cheers
Phil
By h2pmr
a few more bad
By h2pmr
its only 150k miles for 1 mile and focus on road and camera is a must :thumbup:
By h2pmr
MORE GOOD
+ an old V12 Ferrari barn find
cheers
Philh
By h2pmr
now time for a warm :drink:
By Crumpler
Congratulations.

I just saw on RL that you are now the rebel 928 forum.

I’m concerned about my reputation.

By worf
1526 Parts for replating.

Little parts after degrease.

Big parts after by-hand prep.

Little parts after multi-stage tumble polish.

By worf
Back from the plater.

The big pieces.

A lot of little pieces.

Feck. It takes a long time to lay out 1500+ parts.

My plater has a new 4-step process for Black Cadmium. My pictures don't do it justice.

Crumpler liked this
By worf
XR4Tim wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:18 pm Image
Technically not a photo of a 928, but it is related.
You wanna sell that?

By XR4Tim
worf wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:51 am You wanna sell that?
I'm open to the idea. I have no idea when I'll actually get the chance to use it.
By Adamant1971
Got new cam tensioner pads installed, rear caps removed for installation of the metal oil galley pins. Just need some crush washers and a new tube of 574 to button it back up. I forgot to take pics after I got the cam covers off. :)
By linderpat
Gorgeous Bertrand - I can't wait to see your car - it has been a couple of years now! :bowdown:
By Bertrand Daoust
Thanks Ed! :thumbup:

Been to long... Damn Covid.
Can't wait for the PVGP in July! :beerchug:
But first, I need to put everything back together... :)

From the 2017 PVGP...
By Adamant1971

Tensioner pads and oil galley pins done, covers back on with new gaskets.
By Adamant1971
Still pkt, don’t have the time to change it. I just measured my hot extension at 6mm.
By h2pmr
what the well heeled Porsche owner of the early 80's could buy, Porsche slippers anyone?
Rear Brake line Seized

Thanks Dave. I surely don't want to mess with th[…]

For what it is worth, only the rear Yokes are Po[…]

Gary, been reading a little in the wiring primer. […]

Plan would be a light coat under the nut, a well[…]