8 cylinder front engine iconic vehicle
By h2pmr
final polish and guard X the paintwork before going into winter hibernation, and there is a lot of paintwork to cover and
still in fantastic condition for being nearly 14yrs old

only covered 1200 miles in it this year, but all of them put a smile on my face

you can tell i don't drive it to its full potential by the date on the front tyres, 11yrs old, still 5mm of tread left and not even starting to crack

now time for a warm :drink:

cheers
Phil
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
amdavid liked this
By linderpat
good heavens that's beautiful. Why put it away for winter already?
By h2pmr
linderpat wrote:good heavens that's beautiful. Why put it away for winter already?
i only get time to drive it at the weekend and only if the weather is good and the roads are dry, so after the end of August around the Lake District in England there will not be many weekends left + it takes me about 4 hours to guard X it and the weather was good enough to do it outside so easier to do in natural light and not in a garage.

cheers
Phil
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By WyattsRide
"Hello, Stan?...we have a problem. We can't find the hood"

By JBRob007
591BE099-4C66-4F1B-A493-CD79AD768551.jpeg
8B5BB874-2037-49CC-B554-74F152D15E5A.jpeg
E41EC0D6-465B-46C1-B610-64077DDD9147.jpeg
By Adamant1971
Thanks Brother. I should clarify it was best in class and not 1st overall. :)
By Don Smith
Adamant1971 wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:01 pm Thanks Brother. I should clarify it was best in class and not 1st overall. :)
Hey, a win is a win!! Congrats, and well done. :rockon:
By worf
I feel the need to restore balance to The Force

Mrmerlin liked this
By SeanR
Mentioned in another thread about certain idiots who do their own work and didn't realize Roger had sold this guy one of my hoses. Anyone see what's wrong here? This is the guy who I was talking about.
FPR U Fuel Hose 4.JPG
By h2pmr
SeanR wrote:Mentioned in another thread about certain idiots who do their own work and didn't realize Roger had sold this guy one of my hoses. Anyone see what's wrong here? This is the guy who I was talking about.
FPR U Fuel Hose 4.JPG

Sean you should have started a thread for such cock up's titled " Its not hard to :rtfm: "

below from a well known 928 engine builder...
By worf
SeanR wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:06 am Anyone see what's wrong here?
Last “technician” had no brain.

h2pmr wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:16 pm Sean you should have started a thread for such cock up's titled " Its not hard to :rtfm: "
We had such a thread:

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=534

But, ‘Shifted’ destroyed it a bit. I should get El Jefe to rename it.

By SeanR
Remind me again who does the best LH rebuilds? It sure wasn't this place. Won't talk to the hammer or when PEMS installed acknowledge the LH exists. Tossed in a new JDS rebuild and something now runs.

[attachment=0]image.png[/attachmen
By captainOCD
20210911_153720.jpg
By milrad
SeanR wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:11 pm WhollyChit!!

image.png
Did Roger buy yet another 928? :biggrin:
By Bertrand Daoust
Sad to be stuck here instead of being in Sterling, VA...
Next year... I hope...
By worf
SeanR, milrad, Adamant1971 liked this
By Mongo
Mine before I took it apart to do the oil cooler lines.
Adamant1971 liked this
By Mongo
Thrill of victory last night.
By SeanR
Probably the last tech session at this house.
image.png
image.png
MAL, Adamant1971 liked this
By worf
Made new crossover lines tonight.

Bertrand Daoust, SeanR liked this
By 9zwei8
I missed the recent Frenzy gathering, but I had an excuse. Although my '82 garnered many compliments, it was still upstaged by my daughter.
SeanR, worf, MAL and 3 others liked this
By worf
Adamant1971 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:08 pm Nice work, perfect tubes.
Thanks. But, you should assume that I carefully hid the imperfect aspects in that staged photo :order:

I wasted about 1 meter of Cunifer (luckily in a wrong size, so not a biggy) practicing to get exactly the right length and figuring out that a tube bender is NOT what you use. But, now I know the exact straight lengths to cut and how to do the bending by hand. Once I "clocked-in" it took about 100 minutes to do all four and that included two "scrap" cuts that had to be discarded.

Porsche wants almost $600 bucks for a set of new ones and the line-end nuts won't be Cad plated. All in it's about $30 bucks in "parts", about $20 bucks amortized cost/labor for prepping and plating the nuts and ~100 minutes of labor. So less than half the cost of new and, arguably better.

In any case the old ones are unusable. They are deceased. They are no more. They are Ex-crossover tubes.

By Don Smith
Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian friends
Bertrand Daoust liked this
By SeanR
milrad wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:23 pm Getting close on this end of the car....

Wasn't going to post because of opsec. Buttfuckit.
image.png
Don Smith liked this
By Don Smith
Whoa! That is absolutely beautiful. Lovely work.
And, the obligatory photo... 2 S4’s.
Cheers. Don
XR4Tim liked this
By milrad
SeanR wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:16 am

Wasn't going to post because of opsec. Buttfuckit.

image.png
What happened to that guy’s leg? :lol2:

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]

78 in Fort worth

I have not seen that car before. I am familiar wi[…]

Wonderful. I don't think there are many critical d[…]