Forum layout is now fixed. If it hasn't reverted back to original form for you, delete your browser cache and you should see it fixed.
Where you should report and bugs or suggestions
By fpena944
Sorry everyone, I was trying to troubleshoot one issue and in the process made it a bigger issue. It seems private inboxes are inaccessible right now.

No data is lost but I'll keep you all posted on when functionality is restored.

Thanks for your patience!
By fpena944
I've tried to avoid doing this since we were running without incident but I'm 7 versions behind and need to update.

Going to do this later today and crossing my fingers all is ok when done. Of course backups will be created before I go down this path but if you see the forum not responding or a message that it is undergoing maintenance, that is why.
By fpena944
SeaCay wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:24 am So you're doing a PRIDE farewell update?
Ah you figured me all out! In fact here's a sneak preview of the type of updates I'll be working on this evening:

By Scott at Team Harco
What? You don't stand with Ukraine?
By Scott at Team Harco
SeaCay wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:59 pm
Scott at Team Harco wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:57 am What? You don't stand with Ukraine?
That's tomorrow bub.
Right. One day left... :gaywave:
By fpena944
Scott at Team Harco wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:57 am What? You don't stand with Ukraine?
You're right, what was I thinking?!?

(And no, the rainbow being over the "open" is not intentional, just coincidence)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By fpena944
Well the good news is the first update since the forum was launched just completed successfully.

The bad news is that it didn't fix the inbox issue and there are some minor features that may not be working properly right now. I also believe on Flatboots the font size is back to default even though I had increased it before. I'll fix that again when I can but don't have the ability to do it right now because of the errors I'm encountering on the back end.

I'm working on it but going to need some help so reaching out to some experts for assistance. Will keep you all posted on progress.
By 75ohm
Did you submit this change effort into the change advisory board complete with a method of procedure, including a rollback plan?

Was this considered a routine change or an emergency change?

Did the CAB approve this under any caveat?

Are vendors engaged?

Who was the principal engineer that approved this change?

Are all actions logged and did you grab the change control logs and compare the deployed configuration against the golden configuration?

Asking for a friend... ;)
By fpena944
75ohm wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:54 pm Did you submit this change effort into the change advisory board complete with a method of procedure, including a rollback plan?

Are vendors engaged?

Are all actions logged and did you grab the change control logs and compare the deployed configuration against the golden configuration?

You're giving me nightmares and flashbacks of when I used to work in IT! :cussing:

Oh how nice it is to manage a project without a committee...
By Bart
fpena944 wrote:For anyone following along - I have someone on the case now researching and troubleshooting. Hopefully we'll be back to normal here soon!
Normal? What's normal? We don't need no stinkin' normal!

(Thanks for your work on this. :bigok: )
By dernflatlander
75ohm wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:54 pm Did you submit this change effort into the change advisory board complete with a method of procedure, including a rollback plan?

Are vendors engaged?

Gawd, I so don't miss that.
By Gretch
You also broke things that did not need fixing............ but I gather you know that..............

EQ, I cannot get to my personal control panel............
By lupo.sk
Gretch wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:38 am You also broke things that did not need fixing............ but I gather you know that..............

EQ, I cannot get to my personal control panel............
There is no personal control panel for you anymore. The politburo has taken over.
By lupo.sk

Are vendors engaged?

I wanted to like this post but I can’t, there are no like buttons.

So I’ll just do it manually: +1
By Gretch
lupo.sk wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:24 pm If I click on the menu (on phone), and then click notifications, it lands me in the user CP…
no mas

so what is the solution??????

the site is pooched........ no console and no looking at posts selectively for posters on ignore.............. I can actually live without either, but I would like to curate my ignore list some............ :lol2:

dumped cache, still pooched.
By fpena944
Gretch wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:35 pm
lupo.sk wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:24 pm If I click on the menu (on phone), and then click notifications, it lands me in the user CP…
no mas

so what is the solution??????

the site is pooched........ no console and no looking at posts selectively for posters on ignore.............. I can actually live without either, but I would like to curate my ignore list some............ :lol2:

dumped cache, still pooched.
My apologies - there is something going on with all administrative functions on the site. You can view and post no problem but anything within the personal settings there are some big issues right now. Not sure what is happening and I have a developer looking into it but he's also stumped.

I'm trying to bring up some backups and see if I can find the source of the issue. So it's likely not an issue on your side but instead on mine. Still working on it so hopefully getting closer to a solution.

Thanks everyone for your patience, this one is frustrating as flipped one little switch off and back on and since then everything went to crap. Frustrating!
By fpena944
Well I'm pretty ecstatic because I got the forum user control panels working again!!!

Now there is still an issue with inconsistency with accessing your individual inboxes using the icon on the top of the menu bar. Sometimes it works for me, most of the time it doesn't.

What you need to do is actually go to a message and from there you can find your inboxes.

Or you can also try this link and bookmark it to get to your inbox:

ucp.php?i=pm&folder=inbox&x=inbox

Thank you all for your patience, hopefully I'm getting closer to resolving the issue here and we'll be back to as "normal" as we can be. :rockon:
By Gretch
nope console not working for me.
By fpena944
Gretch wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:25 am nope console not working for me.
Can you try to delete any cookies that have the term "openroad" on them?

Use these instructions:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/remove ... le-chrome/
By Gretch
bingo............ I did that yesterday as well............. so the fix you did over night was the trick.
By fpena944
Gretch wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:40 am bingo............ I did that yesterday as well............. so the fix you did over night was the trick.
So glad to hear!

I still have other components that need to be updated but will do them at a different time as we've already undergone enough disruption.
By Gretch
I believe it would be a great feature for members to be able to see how many other members have them on "ignore".............
By fpena944
Gretch wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:50 pm I believe it would be a great feature for members to be able to see how many other members have them on "ignore".............
I can see about adding something to show you how many but we can't identify people because that would defeat the purpose of a confidential ignore function.

Let me get all the software updates first and then can start looking at further enhancements.
By Gretch
yep........... agree.. I am NOT suggesting anything other than a private "tell" that lets one know they are on x number of ignore lists............

honest feedback is very hard to come by.................. and all the more that valuable. Hell, if you can, make it "opt in"......... that way hurty feelers are not automatic for the thenthitiiffff ones among us.
By fpena944
Gretch wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:06 pm yep........... agree.. I am NOT suggesting anything other than a private "tell" that lets one know they are on x number of ignore lists............

honest feedback is very hard to come by.................. and all the more that valuable. Hell, if you can, make it "opt in"......... that way hurty feelers are not automatic for the thenthitiiffff ones among us.
Reminds me of the big social media networks now getting rid of the "dislike" buttons. Part of it was because the current administration had an awful lot of them on their posts/videos but also the other part is because many today can't handle the truth when their stuff stinks.
By Gretch
If "knowledge" is not subjected to questions, criticism and demand for proof............ it devolves into religion. Paraphrasing Carl Sagan, who was more philosopher then scientist.
By Gretch
friends and foes changes do not work...................... arrrrrrggggg!
By fpena944
Gretch wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:24 pm friends and foes changes do not work...................... arrrrrrggggg!
I'm going to do a redeployment some time this week and it should resolve all of the remaining issues.

This goes back to the beginning when we were trying a bunch of different configurations. Between those changes and the updates to code, some things got corrupted but I'm going to move the database to a fresh install and we should be able to resolve all of these inconveniences.

Will let you know when that gets done.
By Gretch
As always, Thanks, Boss!
By Gretch
friends / foe management is working........... just to report in!
By fpena944
Gretch wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:35 am friends / foe management is working........... just to report in!
Interesting as I haven't touched anything! :rockon:

It could be that one of the cache systems expired and renewed - who knows? But as I mentioned, will be working on a more permanent solution this week.
By fpena944
Hey everyone - was going to get the issues resolved this week but time got away from me. Will not be able to monitor things very closely this weekend so I'll make the changes next week.

I'm likely going to move the forum to a subdomain but will make sure your existing links work. I'm just copying exactly what we have here to another directory to minimize downtime. But more on that when I get it done.

Just wanted to update you all so you don't think I forgot!
By sh944
Gretch wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:06 pm yep........... agree.. I am NOT suggesting anything other than a private "tell" that lets one know they are on x number of ignore lists............

You want honest feedback, I’ll give you honest feedback. Let me tell you a thing or two about you…. Lol
By Gretch
let 'er rip! :rockon: :lol2:
By sh944
If I really wanted to insult you, I am guessing that publicly labeling you as “a nice guy with a heart of gold, a real softy…” would probably be the height of offense. That wouldn’t be exactly honest tho…. Lol
By fpena944
System update to take place this evening around 8pm EST.

During this time there will periods where the site will probably be down, maybe acting really strangely, or possibly coming back with error messages.

During this update the forum is going to be relocated to a subdirectory where I can control the code more closely. Old links should redirect but if not I'll explain exactly how to get to where you need to once I'm done.

Thanks all for your patience!
New Yokohama tires now available in 16"

It's not just Porsche with the MFR specific tire d[…]

Refurbishing D90 Wheels

I "think" they are straight. […]

Okay, so I pulled the trigger on going with a Must[…]

Bring A Trailer finds

Winning bid of $295K for the Vector doesn't real[…]