Feed from Classified ads or post your "Wanted" here
By XR4Tim
2013 Dart Limited 1.4 Turbo 6-speed manual - Tungsten Grey/Black leather.
98,985 miles
I bought this car as a CPO with 15k miles and it was used as a daily driver until about 3 years ago. 2013 was the only year that the 1.4T engine could be ordered in Limited trim. This is the same powertrain that is found in the Fiat 500 Abarth. The Limited model features Nappa leather seats, heated front seats and steering wheel, 17" polished aluminum wheels, dual-zone automatic climate control, power sunroof, and navigation.
I had intended to eventually modify the car as a fun project, but didn't get very far. About 1,000 miles ago, the car developed a small leak from the shift shaft seal. The seal was not sold separately at the time, so Dodge replaced the whole transmission under the CPO warranty. I had them install an upgraded ClutchMasters clutch & pressure plate. I then installed a clutch delay valve delete kit (a must-have upgrade). Aside from that, the car has a K&N air filter, LED interior lights & license plate light, and slotted brake rotors.
This is (in my opinion) the best engine & transmission combo that was offered for the Dart. The 1.4T is very modable, and doesn't have the oil consumption issues and engine failures that the 2.4 did, and the 3-pedal manual transmission doesn't have the crazy high failure rate that the DDC transmission did. It's also a lot more fun to drive (and sounds better) than the 2.0.
This will make a great daily driver or fun project for somebody. The car is on Michelin X-Ice tires since I have only put about 100 miles on it in the last two years combined. The vehicle has been dealer-maintained since new (with records).
Negatives:
1. The belly pan is missing. Like all Darts, the fabric composite belly pan got wet and started to drag under the car, so I pulled it off.
2. Corrosion at the leading edge of the aluminum hood. This also seems to be a very common issue.
3. A small spot of rust causing the paint to bubble right above the windshield for some reason. There is no underbody rust.
4. Door ding in the left rear door.
5. Worn spot in the driver's door arm rest.
6. Minor scuffs on the front bumper.
7. The car was backed into about 6 months after I bought it. Insurance covered the headlight & bumper replacement.
I would have the rust/paint issues taken care of if I knew a good body & paint guy around here. The guy who did the repairs originally was great, but he closed his shop.
Asking $10,500.00 O.B.O.
I can deliver within a reasonable distance.
If someone from here buys it, a portion of the proceeds will go to Fernando for site maintenance.
fpena944 liked this
By fpena944
XR4Tim wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:43 pm Special price for Open Roaders: $9,500.00
If I didn't already have a Mini this would be a cool car to play around with!
XR4Tim liked this
By XR4Tim
Yeah, the buyer is a young man that lives just a few miles from me, who was specifically looking for a car with a manual transmission. Makes me happy that there are still kids interested in the traditional way of shifting!
By fpena944
XR4Tim wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:45 pm Yeah, the buyer is a young man that lives just a few miles from me, who was specifically looking for a car with a manual transmission. Makes me happy that there are still kids interested in the traditional way of shifting!
That's great! Plus didn't have to worry about shipping or other logistical challenges.

My daughter's boyfriend just sold his car to buy one with a stick himself. It's a WRX but still, that's a solid point he gets in my book. :grinning:
XR4Tim liked this
Bring A Trailer finds

and gauges for fuel level, coolant temperatu[…]

Tractors

The rear tires on my tractor are filled with beet […]

Ineos Grenadier

Sewell has a dealership for them here in the DFW m[…]

78 in Fort worth

Ed that would look good with new tan carpets and b[…]