General discussions related to cars and driving
By maddog2020
I've always run Interstate batteries since I was part owner of a shop years ago. That was probably 20 years ago, I've been running the MTP-48/H6 because of the cranking amps needed for my higher compression stroker engine. Interstate has been pro rating the batteries for the last few years. The optima yellow top 48/H6 has better specs and a 3 year replacement warranty.

Anyone have experience with Optima yellow top batteries?
By Scott at Team Harco
maddog2020 wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:14 pm I've always run Interstate batteries since I was part owner of a shop years ago. That was probably 20 years ago, I've been running the MTP-48/H6 because of the cranking amps needed for my higher compression stroker engine. Interstate has been pro rating the batteries for the last few years. The optima yellow top 48/H6 has better specs and a 3 year replacement warranty.

Anyone have experience with Optima yellow top batteries?
I had a few yellow top batteries many years ago (15-20?). Someone was offering deals on them at the other place. I think I ended up getting three of them. My experience was not particularly good. They didn't last as long as many others I have tried.

If Interstate is keeping their quality level up, I would stick with them.
By maddog2020
I'm not sure Interstate has kept there quality like they used to. That is why I'm exploring other options. most of the batteries that share the same cases and only manufactured by a few companies. There may be different standards but Optima is different in its construction than plate style batteries
By Scott at Team Harco
Right. It's a rolled cylindrical type of format. And I have heard/read the exact same thing you mention. Fewer battery manufacturers, just different brand labels attached.

I can't realistically answer your question. All I have, is less than ideal experience with Optima.

Having said that, it seems Die Hard batteries might be good.
By latonnelier
I found this video informative...especially when it comes to the battery manufacturers.
Bring A Trailer finds

and gauges for fuel level, coolant temperatu[…]

Tractors

The rear tires on my tractor are filled with beet […]

Ineos Grenadier

Sewell has a dealership for them here in the DFW m[…]

78 in Fort worth

Ed that would look good with new tan carpets and b[…]