Where you should report and bugs or suggestions
By fpena944
The two servers, both old and new, are now running in parallel.

So this is where it gets a bit tricky. At some point soon the switch is going to take place between old to new, when that happens SOMETIMES your local PCs lock into the old server which will still be running. If this happens you won't see new messages coming in and anything you post won't appear in the new environment.

This can be pretty confusing so what I'm going to do is create a big notification on the old server stating, "YOU ARE ON THE OLD SERVER" and then have you reset your settings so you can find the new server.

Here are instructions on resetting this if you are on a computer:

https://phoenixnap.com/kb/how-to-flush-dns-cache

For phones try this link:

https://help.dreamhost.com/hc/en-us/art ... or-Android

Generally you'll be sent to the new site pretty much immediately but sometimes these changes take time to propagate.

I'll post another announcement letting everyone know they're on the right server when it all is done.

Apologies for the messy nature of this but hopefully the last move for a while.
By fpena944
lupo.sk wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:50 pm Do a 301 redirect and you’re golden.

https://www.hostgator.com/blog/ways-red ... bsite-url/
That's a good idea. And actually I did get confirmation that on 8/12 @ 9pm EST is when the move will take place. So I'm going to take the forum down during that transition and this should help eliminate the cross-talk between old and new. I'll have a message on the forum at that time then we'll do what you mentioned. Thanks for the suggestion!
By Yossarian
So are we officially moved now?

I had a post from earlier disappear, so I'm guessing it's on the old server?
By fpena944
Yossarian wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:21 pm So are we officially moved now?

I had a post from earlier disappear, so I'm guessing it's on the old server?
Had a little miscommunication with my server support...

I told them 9pm EST but they instead started at 9am. So I wasn't prepared and what I was trying to avoid happening did in fact take place. My apologies as some posts did likely get lost but yes we are now on the new platform so we should be good to go from this point forward!
By ny991
Thanks Fernando, I was jonesing a bit, but we're back! :jumper:

By fpena944
ny991 wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:38 pm Thanks Fernando, I was jonesing a bit, but we're back! :jumper:

Yeah I was bugging support because it should have only taken a few minutes - but the best plans always get foiled!

Glad we're back too as I was having also having issues seeing a static site! :biggrin:
By Yossarian
fpena944 wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:33 pm My apologies as some posts did likely get lost but yes we are now on the new platform so we should be good to go from this point forward!
I weep for all the wisdom that may have been lost. :tongue:
By Scott at Team Harco
Yossarian wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:49 pm
fpena944 wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:33 pm My apologies as some posts did likely get lost but yes we are now on the new platform so we should be good to go from this point forward!
It was your best post, ever. Wasn't it?
By fpena944
Scott at Team Harco wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:52 pm
Technically I still have it on the "old" server as they haven't shut it down yet. So if there's something posted that can't be replicated I can easily copy and paste it. That offer is open to everyone so please let me know!
By Yossarian
Exactly! :roflmao:
By Yossarian
fpena944 wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:57 pm

Technically I still have it on the "old" server as they haven't shut it down yet. So if there's something posted that can't be replicated I can easily copy and paste it. That offer is open to everyone so please let me know!
I figured out how Sid could get laid by supermodels and posted the whole plan. Now I can't remember any of it.
By 3.2 Targa
The IHI thread now loads much faster..... That's all I care about.
By fpena944
3.2 Targa wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:36 pm The IHI thread now loads much faster..... That's all I care about.
I didn't expect any huge gains but I am seeing about a 25% increase in performance so far. But we're talking milliseconds as our full page loads are around 1.4 seconds now on the forum.
By ny991
3.2 Targa wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:36 pm The IHI thread now loads much faster..... That's all I care about.
Thanks for the reminder :drunk:
By SidViscous
Yossarian wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:03 pm
fpena944 wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:57 pm

I figured out how Sid could get laid by supermodels and posted the whole plan. Now I can't remember any of it.
PT's last theorem.
By fpena944
Fox_ wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:30 pm I'm just wondering why the website is asking me to enable VR.
Never heard of that one!

Can you share with me a screenshot?
By Fox_
fpena944 wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:59 pm
Fox_ wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:30 pm I'm just wondering why the website is asking me to enable VR.
Never heard of that one!

Came up like the "allow push notifications" permissions popup in firefox.

I blocked/remember this decision after the third time.

I removed the block, refreshed the page, can't seem to get it to come back. Very strange.

Looked like below but with this website name instead:

will-you-allow-access-virtual-reality-devices-notification-Firefox.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By fpena944
Fox_ wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:22 pm
fpena944 wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:59 pm
Never heard of that one!

Came up like the "allow push notifications" permissions popup in firefox.

I blocked/remember this decision after the third time.

I removed the block, refreshed the page, can't seem to get it to come back. Very strange.

Looked like below but with this website name instead:

will-you-allow-access-virtual-reality-devices-notification-Firefox.jpg
Does it happen on all pages or a specific page? I'm wondering if someone embeds a VR-enabled video if that would cause this to happen. Because I don't have anything installed on this forum with VR capabilities so really can't figure out where that would be coming from.
Bring A Trailer finds

and gauges for fuel level, coolant temperatu[…]

Tractors

The rear tires on my tractor are filled with beet […]

Ineos Grenadier

Sewell has a dealership for them here in the DFW m[…]

78 in Fort worth

Ed that would look good with new tan carpets and b[…]