Where you should report and bugs or suggestions
By fpena944
For those using Elegance, can you tell me what you like about the theme? Specifically is it the colors? The font type or size? Is there something from a functionality perspective that is easier or more intuitive than it would be within Flatboots?

Reason I ask is because almost all updated functionality is limited to Flatboots and I hate leaving some of you without features that I believe enhance the overall experience.

So what I'm thinking is what if we created an Elegance "mode" within Flatboots? This way you still have what you love about the original theme but within the framework of the current site.

For example, right now Flatboots includes the conventional look along with a "dark" mode as seen below. So what if I had the ability to add a 3rd mode that would be the "Elegance" style? Would that be something you all would have interest in? It would cut down maintenance and introduce some of the new features I've been rolling out to the original users.

This isn't something I'm going to force upon all of you but if we get a positive response I'll look further into it and see if it's something that is feasible without a huge amount of effort.

Let me know your thoughts or if I should just let it be.

Thanks!

By NCporsche
I work from the New Post page, finding the Elegance format shows more data than FLATBOOTS

36A907B3-8813-4373-BB8F-457C5ADF6135.png
5302FA0B-51AC-4E63-9508-85FFD627F43F.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By JDS968
Cuda911 wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 11:38 amElegance is much more compact and legible. Much cleaner presentation.
I think this is the most important thing. Flatboots always looks "bloated" to me, as if it's overflowing the available screen space with balloon fonts and blocks of colors while I'm searching around to actually find any info I'm looking to read.
By JDS968
Also, you keep telling us about the new functionality. I appreciate all the effort you're putting into this, but what functionality? I want to be able to read and post text and images. I'd also like to be able to search for posts. Elegance does that quite smoothly, so I'm entirely satisfied with the functionality.
By SidViscous
Ali down to readability.

I know "Flat" is the way everyone is going. In think it looks like hell. No offense to you el jefe, you didn't design it, just installed it. For me it is almost impossible to read.

As to functionality. Like Josh said. Read write search. I'm good.

You want to make the site better. Have drysdad and ud to make more sense.
By Mech33
HANNIBAL wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 5:16 pm Flatboots is poorly designed (ergonomics/visuals). It’s annoying and unusable. The only thing missing from Elegance for me is being able to like posts.
Same, and I echo the other comments on this thread. Elegance is far more space-efficient and readable.
By fpena944
Thanks everyone for the feedback.

I'm not going to fix what isn't broken.

As for what non-Flatboots is missing out on, well it's nothing that important. Base level functionality consisting of reading posts and posting still remains unchanged, so this is what isn't there:

- Profile titles
- Award badges
- Tags on posts
- Best answer on technical forums
- Message preview options
- User status
- Dark mode
So nothing that is absolutely necessary but just some nice to haves.

I'm glad this software provides the option of two layouts so we can make everyone happy! :tongue:
By fpena944
HANNIBAL wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 10:07 pm So, any updates on being able to use “likes” in Elegance?
Not yet as I was having the develop of Flatboots implement some additional functionality into the "Likes" feature but now he stopped responding to my requests.

Problem is that the Likes are built into Flatboots itself, not the forum software. So I would have to replicate part of Flatboots in Elegance or replicate Elegance in Flatboots. Not impossible in either case but a much larger effort than adding a module like most other features are.

Let me see if I can get this new update going and once that works I can look to see what we can do with Elegance.

Thanks for your patience!
HANNIBAL liked this
By fpena944
HANNIBAL wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:45 pm 66357E38-85A1-46D5-8E1E-82698FE3CED0.gif
I had a project going with the developer of Flatboots to address some of the Elegance deficiencies. Unfortunately he's not being responsive so I need to get in touch with him and get an update. Once I do then I'll share where things are. Apologies for the lack of any progress!
78 in Fort worth

Ed that would look good with new tan carpets and b[…]

Ineos Grenadier

It’s not an SUV. It’s a hardcore offro[…]

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]