Forum layout is now fixed. If it hasn't reverted back to original form for you, delete your browser cache and you should see it fixed.
Where you should report and bugs or suggestions
By Airkuhl
I suggest placing "Garages" above "Roadside Attractions" in the top index.

It might help get some more traffic into our car sub-forums which are pretty barren at least in part because they are "below the fold". I still see posts from people "stumbling in" for the first time. Oddly enough I think most of us like to talk about cars too. :wink:
By fpena944
Airkuhl wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:47 pm I suggest placing "Garages" above "Roadside Attractions" in the top index.

It might help get some more traffic into our car sub-forums which are pretty barren at least in part because they are "below the fold". I still see posts from people "stumbling in" for the first time. Oddly enough I think most of us like to talk about cars too. :wink:
That's a great idea and probably the easiest I've been asked yet :biggrin:

For all other requests that have come through in the past 1+ weeks, my developer was taking some time off so we'll get back to work when he returns soon!
Airkuhl liked this
By JDS968
Aw crap, I didn't see this when you posted it.

I check the Armory, Diner, and Dive Bar multiple times every day. Now I have to scroll down to get them. I liked the old layout better.
Patrick liked this
By fpena944
JDS968 wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:22 pm Aw crap, I didn't see this when you posted it.

I check the Armory, Diner, and Dive Bar multiple times every day. Now I have to scroll down to get them. I liked the old layout better.
Yeah I thought it would receive some blacklash but what @Airkuhl said makes sense as someone just coming in may not realize those forums exist.

Honestly in terms of how I use this site I barely ever go to the main forum screen except to check and make sure it is still functioning. I just use the "Unread Posts" function under the "Forum" menu and select what I want to read.

Let's see if this helps those forums at all and if not then we'll go back to the old way.
By Airkuhl
JDS968 wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:22 pm Aw crap, I didn't see this when you posted it.

If you don't want the car stuff just create a second bookmark with only the OT content: https://openroad.site/viewforum.php?f=7
By Scott at Team Harco

I check the Diner, and Dive Bar multiple times every day. Now I have to scroll down to get them. I liked the old layout better.
This is my MO, too. But I get the idea and have thought that putting the car/ machine stuff first might make the site more attractive to those just stopping by.

It's so hard to scroll down...
By fpena944
Scott at Team Harco wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:11 pm

I check the Diner, and Dive Bar multiple times every day. Now I have to scroll down to get them. I liked the old layout better.
This is my MO, too. But I get the idea and have thought that putting the car/ machine stuff first might make the site more attractive to those just stopping by.

When I first got the forum up the "Roadside Attractions" weren't even visible to visitors. So they had no idea they existed. But then I thought most people would think this was a dead forum and would walk away so now they're exposed but if you try to click on them it'll tell you they require membership.

So my point is that before the car forums were on the "top" for visitors because they couldn't see anything else, but that has changed so I think doing this will help a bit.

As for the scrolling...Sorry man!
By Scott at Team Harco
fpena944 wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:17 pm

When I first got the forum up the "Roadside Attractions" weren't even visible to visitors. So they had no idea they existed. But then I thought most people would think this was a dead forum and would walk away so now they're exposed but if you try to click on them it'll tell you they require membership.

So my point is that before the car forums were on the "top" for visitors because they couldn't see anything else, but that has changed so I think doing this will help a bit.

As for the scrolling...Sorry man!
I was busting Josh's balls on the scroll comment. :tongue:
By Patrick
Wait, this is a car oriented forum?
By JDS968

My thumb's all dried out and cracked from organic solvents, I briefly considered posting a photo of it next to my phone and some joke about wearing it out from the scrolling...but I figured I'd already filled my quote of of disgusting photos with the Victoria's Secret manatees. :roflmao:
By AKSteve
I liked it better the other way.
Cayenne vs panamera (hybrid)

Had the car extensively detailed, polished and cer[…]

:thumbup: :rockon: :burnout:

Rear Brake line Seized

My auto-shop teacher would slap the back of your h[…]

New Yokohama tires now available in 16"

It's not just Porsche with the MFR specific tire d[…]