Watercooled 911s
By fpena944
Skyhawk172 wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:33 am How does he not take 44K for this car?

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2008- ... rs_bidders

image.png
Some don't realize the cabrio and tip really narrows it down to a very specific set of buyers.
By Skyhawk172
well that and the mileage and fender bender i look at my 09 and think if some offered me 50k i would be nuts not to sell it right then and i only have 82k on the clock and no accident 44k was a gift. I thought it might RNM while watching the auction should of had a 40k reserve BAT never should have let it have such a high Reserve.
By XR4Tim
The car is a bit worn, but from what I've seen in the market, this would still fetch $45k-49k with minor cosmetic cleanup. If it were a 6-speed, it would be a much easier sale though.
By TheDeckMan
Most likely hoping to ride the inflation over bid everything wave. 42-45k sounds about right for that car, tip, cab and tan interior really narrows down the crowd of potential buyers. Granted if he had the reserve at 50k it would not be surprising with mid mile coupe 6spds fetching 80k, hell after getting down pinning the cams/welding fittings and a new clutch setup might have to toss mine up there for $85k :roflmao:
By jcnesq
Interesting how much difference a few "details" make. With my '09 TT, 6 speed, Ceramic brakes, Adaptive Sport Seats, factory short shifter, and a few other nice options I can't remember off hand, and 50K miles, I think (or hope) I'm in a sweet spot when it comes time to sell. Actually pondering that this year and maybe getting into a Macan like Terry (but not a Turbo Macan) - getting old and pondering how the hell to retire.
By TheDeckMan
jcnesq wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:35 am Interesting how much difference a few "details" make. With my '09 TT, 6 speed, Ceramic brakes, Adaptive Sport Seats, factory short shifter, and a few other nice options I can't remember off hand, and 50K miles, I think (or hope) I'm in a sweet spot when it comes time to sell. Actually pondering that this year and maybe getting into a Macan like Terry (but not a Turbo Macan) - getting old and pondering how the hell to retire.
Shouldn't be hard to get a solid number for your 09 this year as prices remain strong for sure. Next year and the following couple might be interesting on what it does to prices.
Rear Brake line Seized

Yes, not the easiest job I have done. Should get t[…]

Hey everyone! revisiting an old thread to finall[…]

For what it is worth, only the rear Yokes are Po[…]

Gary, been reading a little in the wiring primer. […]