Forum layout is now fixed. If it hasn't reverted back to original form for you, delete your browser cache and you should see it fixed.
Where you should report and bugs or suggestions
By fpena944
Hello all,

I wasn't going to launch these yet as we have a three day weekend coming up but I got antsy and couldn't wait any longer!

In case some of you missed the first mod earlier this week, it's our badge enhancement. Go to this thread to see exactly what is being offered there: https://openroad.site/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1814

Ok now on to what's even newer:

Avatars are now appearing for the original poster and the latest response within the thread list. This is just to add a little visual effect to the forum and help to immediately recognize who is posting. Note this is not yet appearing on the "Unread" or "New" post lists but we're working on getting that done soon. Here is a screen shot:
image.png

Forum tagging option

We've added a tagging option that helps to categorize posts more easily. You'll see this when you first begin typing something. Once it is posted you'll see the tags on the bottom of the post. When you click on one of the tags it'll show you all posts with that tag applied. Although I've enabled it on the OT forums, I feel it's probably going to be a lot more useful in the technical forums:
image.png

Profile Comments

This one is more fun than functional but the ability to look up someone's profile and drop a comment on their "Wall" is now available. You have control as to whether you want these comments to appear or not but here is where they will be:
image.png

Subject Check

On the technical forums I've now enabled a feature that will tell you if another similar thread is already opened. This is helpful in the sense that if someone is asking a technical question and another thread has already been going, it will direct them to it or let them continue typing. Again this is only on the "Garages" forums as it doesn't make sense to do it in OT.

Here is what it looks like:
image.png

Live Preview Option

For those that don't want to chance it when placing your posts, there's always been a preview function but it requires you to "submit" it and then view. Well the live preview now let's you type and see exactly what the message is going to look like. To use it click on the eyeball highlighted in the pic below:
image.png

User Status

This is another one that is more fun than functional. You now have the ability to set your own status up. You can change it based on your mood and it'll show within your profile. See the pic below to see where you can access this feature:
image.png

Best Answer Vote

This one is for the technical forums only too. We now have an upvote feature where a response to a question can be upvoted and receive a label for the "Best Answer" for that thread. This should help when there is a long discussion and several solutions presented the community can decide on which is the best response. Look below for where you can now vote:

image.png

Thread Contributors

Finally you'll also see who has contributed to a thread as part of a summary avatar view within each thread now as seen below:

image.png

A lot of these features required me going into the permissions and enabling them so it's possible I missed something and you might not see them. If so please let me know. Also as always if anything seems to be working incorrectly, please do tell!

Enjoy!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By SidViscous
Ya'll can go ahead and set my status to high blood pressure permanently if it saves time
By Riad
Very cool.

Question does anyone else have issues accessing the site from a mobile device?

Maybe I'll build a mobile version of the site.

-Rob
By SeaCay
Riad wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:07 pm Very cool.

-Rob
No problem with a Samsung S20 Ultra.
By fpena944
Riad wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:07 pm Very cool.

-Rob
The site is responsive so the layout should fit whatever form factor you are accessing it with.

If it isn't coming up then let me know what device and browser so I can see what's going on.

I have considered creating an app but the cost for development is pretty significant and for right now couldn't think of a lot of benefit to pursuing yet.
Cayenne vs panamera (hybrid)

Had the car extensively detailed, polished and cer[…]

:thumbup: :rockon: :burnout:

Rear Brake line Seized

My auto-shop teacher would slap the back of your h[…]

New Yokohama tires now available in 16"

It's not just Porsche with the MFR specific tire d[…]