Racing, Drivers Education, autocross, and other motorsports
By JDS968
Mom and Dad are thinking about moving from Miami Beach, FL to Paradise Valley, AZ. Dad is pretty spoiled with easy access to Homestead, Palm Beach International, Sebring, and I guess Daytona, although he's never driven there.

I did a quick search and it looks like both AMP and Wild Horse Pass are less than an hour from Paradise Valley. Anybody here ever driven either one of them? Heard anything good/bad about them? Do you guys know of any other good tracks within a four hour drive?

Thanks!
By facelvega
I think that AMP is a "real" road racing track. Wild Horse Pass is a big commercial dragstrip, and the Bondurant driving school. The driving school track is good for instruction, but is short and narrow and technical, not really DE or racing suitable (IMO). I spent a week at Bondurant and had fun there. No idea if they try to run DE's there.
By Multi21
I was support for a semi pro team at Horse Thief a couple years ago. It's very basic and nothing close to the tracks you mentioned in Florida so he might get bored really fast.

Why's he moving to AZ?
By JDS968
Multi21 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:02 pm I was support for a semi pro team at Horse Thief a couple years ago. It's very basic and nothing close to the tracks you mentioned in Florida so he might get bored really fast.

Why's he moving to AZ?
No experience with AMP though?

Mom and Dad are pretty fed up with Miami Beach turning into a complete lawless shithole. Dad just got a great job offer from a former colleague in the Phoenix area and Mom already works from home so she can go anywhere.
By Multi21
No Experience with AMP. I had driven PIR in 2006 or 2007 before they turned it into a NASCAR only track. If you're dad is willing to travel just a little further from PHX (appx. 3 hours), Spring Mountain is south of Vegas and Chuckwalla is appx. 1 hour east of Palm Springs. Both outstanding tracks.
Bring A Trailer finds

no it doesn't Right, so the Shelby Do[…]

Tractors

The rear tires on my tractor are filled with beet […]

Ineos Grenadier

Sewell has a dealership for them here in the DFW m[…]

78 in Fort worth

Ed that would look good with new tan carpets and b[…]