SUVs and sedans
By amdavid
It's time to refresh the 955 S front end...........so many choices on control arms. :banghead:

Lemforder
Meyle
Delphi
Beck/Arnley
TRW
HT
Mevotech
Suspensia
AC Delco
Moog
There's more......

Help me choose best bang for the buck.....!!....please. This is my "beater" Cayenne. I don't mind spending money on quality, but I don't need to buy the most expensive just because.
By N_Jay
amdavid wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:24 pm It's time to refresh the 955 S front end...........so many choices on control arms. :banghead:

Lemforder
Meyle
Delphi
Beck/Arnley
TRW
HT
Mevotech
Suspensia
AC Delco
Moog
There's more......

Help me choose best bang for the buck.....!!....please. This is my "beater" Cayenne. I don't mind spending money on quality, but I don't need to buy the most expensive just because.
Whatever FCP Euro has cheapest so you don't have top pay again.
amdavid liked this
By fpena944
amdavid wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:24 pm Hey, this is actually a better response then I got on RL about a year ago when I knew I needed to get this done.....soon. :eek:
If you used the same title I'm sure it would generate some pretty interesting responses there! :roflmao:
By Van1
Don’t know what the going rate is nowadays but when in replaced the control arms on my 2007 V10 TDI Touareg when I owned it many years ago, I installed the Cayenne Turbo S units. They have a stiffer bushing than all the non S units. Bought them from Sunset Porsche where I buy all my genuine Porsche parts from.
By amdavid
Finally got the refresh complete...........it now drives like a Cayenne should!

I replaced upper&lower A-arms, drop links, tie rods, upper strut mount bushings and new hardware. Aside from it being a PIA and 9 days taking up the entire garage, I'm set. After a 1.5 hour alignment at a specialty shop, the little piggy rides like a dream, no clucks, no squeaks, just quiet and smooth. The only surprise worth mentioning is the below pic of a beyond worn strut mount …….

good forum "engine"

was busy typing a response to a question :typin[…]

Gary, Worf, many thanks! I think I must have even […]

replica jack bag

Wow, great stuff! The bag looks original.

perfect, thanks for the picture of yours Dave, tha[…]