Forum layout is now fixed. If it hasn't reverted back to original form for you, delete your browser cache and you should see it fixed.
Where you should report and bugs or suggestions
By fpena944
Open Road hasn't been in existence for one year yet but I thought I'd share some statistical highlights with all of you to show how far we've come.

Date of launch with old domain name: July 29th

Date when we started tracking analytics: August 30th (so everything you're reading from this point on is really from this date forward)

Number of users: 4483

Number of pageviews: 841,668

Average time each user spends on site: 15 minutes, 8 seconds

Users resulting from your posts on other websites or social media: 549

Number of registered users: 417 (shows we have a lot of guests who can't see the good stuff in the premium forums)

Number of threads: 1523

Number of total posts: 47,012

Number of countries where users have logged in from: 60

That is quite a start, so thank you to all! :bowdown:

Can't wait to see what 2021 brings us!
XR4Tim liked this
By Gregs04.5
Thanks you for doing this. As a side note, My membership at the other place expires today.
Time to donate here instead! Is the donation page up and running?

Greg
By TheDeckMan
Thank you for the hard work and a great place to hang Fernando! :beerchug:
Last edited by TheDeckMan on Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By fpena944
Gregs04.5 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:57 pm Thanks you for doing this. As a side note, My membership at the other place expires today.

Greg
Thanks for asking, yes the donation page is available either by accessing it on the top menu or right here: https://openroad.site/pages/donate-to-open-road/
TheDeckMan wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:35 pm Thank you for the hard work and a great place to hang Fernado! :beerchug:
Haha I know you didn't do it on purpose but one of my wife's aunts gave us a Christmas ornament when we got married and she spelled my name the same way. So every year when we put up the tree we get a laugh because my name is misspelled for eternity.

One of my friends is a recruiter and he had a candidate where he did the same, the guy responded with "I'm not a Tornado, I'm Fernando." :roflmao:
By TheDeckMan
fpena944 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:07 pm
Gregs04.5 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:57 pm Thanks you for doing this. As a side note, My membership at the other place expires today.

Greg
Thanks for asking, yes the donation page is available either by accessing it on the top menu or right here: https://openroad.site/pages/donate-to-open-road/
TheDeckMan wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:35 pm Thank you for the hard work and a great place to hang Fernado! :beerchug:
Haha I know you didn't do it on purpose but one of my wife's aunts gave us a Christmas ornament when we got married and she spelled my name the same way. So every year when we put up the tree we get a laugh because my name is misspelled for eternity.

One of my friends is a recruiter and he had a candidate where he did the same, the guy responded with "I'm not a Tornado, I'm Fernando." :roflmao:

:hiding:

HAHAHA!
By Cuda911
Curious... out of the 4,483 users is there any way to estimate how many are real, vs bots?

Regarding name misspelling.... they spelled my name wrong on our wedding invitations and it was too late to get a reprint. How the hell do you misspell what has been the most common name in the US for the past 100 years???
By fpena944
Cuda911 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:51 pm Curious... out of the 4,483 users is there any way to estimate how many are real, vs bots?

Regarding name misspelling.... they spelled my name wrong on our wedding invitations and it was too late to get a reprint. How the hell do you misspell what has been the most common name in the US for the past 100 years???
These are clean results that I pulled from a report that filters them out.

If I included bots then the number of users over that same time period would be almost 15k while pageviews over 4 million!

My server says we get hit by 36 identifiable bots. They're a drain on resources but they also help with SEO and getting the site discovered so I let them be until I see that one is just consuming too much bandwidth then I'll block it.

As for the misspelling, how do you mess up Mike? Unless it's Michael and they maybe used a European spelling of it? :biggrin:
By G8RB8
Of "users" clicking links, where are they coming from?
By fpena944
G8RB8 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:20 pm Of "users" clicking links, where are they coming from?
Majority were from the other site :biggrin:

But there is also a lot from Facebook, the 928 OC, and a paid search campaign I ran for a while.

Results from search engines has also been increasing with certain terms bringing us to the first page of Google results. Like for example if you look for "928 forum" we're #8 on the list of 37 million results. :rockon:

I need to start using social media more to help with promoting and also continue working on search engine results. I think those will do the most for increasing exposure to the site.
By martyp
Thanks Fernando and all of the folks that keep this place running!
By G8RB8
Seems like a good place to mention, it took me about an hour to copy the meat of a technical thread into the 928 forum. That was following links for verification.
By Designer
fpena944 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:29 pm I need to start using social media more to help with promoting and also continue working on search engine results. I think those will do the most for increasing exposure to the site.
My Gosh, Fernando. Are we paying you enough? :thumbup:
By Moe
Thank you El Jefe! :beerchug:
By fpena944
Designer wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:16 pm
fpena944 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:29 pm I need to start using social media more to help with promoting and also continue working on search engine results. I think those will do the most for increasing exposure to the site.
My Gosh, Fernando. Are we paying you enough? :thumbup:
Not a big deal as this is fun for me. Some people spend tens of thousands on their hobbies - I'm nowhere close to that! :biggrin:
Cayenne vs panamera (hybrid)

Had the car extensively detailed, polished and cer[…]

:thumbup: :rockon: :burnout:

Rear Brake line Seized

My auto-shop teacher would slap the back of your h[…]

New Yokohama tires now available in 16"

It's not just Porsche with the MFR specific tire d[…]