Watercooled 911s
By fpena944
Yes I know I've discussed how much I hate to use valet in the past. But wife and I were staying at a beachside resort this weekend and had no other choice. Made sure the valet knew what he was doing as my car is a six-speed and he took off without incident. Thankfully with the loud exhaust my car has I could hear what he was doing.

Went to pick it up yesterday and had to wait a little bit extra time because only one of the valets knew how to handle a car with a clutch. When he came back he was all smiles and told me, "I'm so glad to see someone capable of driving and appreciating one of these classic Porsches! I hardly ever get the privilege of driving a stick so thank you!"

We exchanged some additional small talk about the car and he commented on how the newer cars took away a lot of the experience with the flappy paddles. I've never spent significant time with a PDK so can't comment but thanked and tipped him nicely for being a fan.

Although I still don't like to believe my car is a "classic" I appreciated his comments and enthusiasm. Made me a proud owner again since sometimes you take these cars for granted (especially since I'm going on 12 years having this one). :beerchug:
David993S liked this
By Gregs04.5
I get that alot at gas stations and such. People that know the car somewhat (2000 996) will ask about the color, as there are not too many like it. Color is Palladium metallic (pale gold) and was not offered as a stock color.
Other than that, for a 21 year old car, I get compliments on its condition.

Never had a valet drive it yet though.
By AKSteve
My first Porsche was a 996 C4 Cab and I had my favorite driving experience ever in that car when I put the top down and drove through a tunnel with the valves open on the sports exhaust. I never wanted a cabriolet in the first place, but at 6'6", I simply couldn't fit in the coupe. The cabriolet had several inches more headroom. Anyway, that car really sounded great.
By JBRob007
Nice... :)
Formula 1 2020 And Beyond

Qualifying for the Chinese Grand Prix Sprint race […]

Rear Brake line Seized

Just watched a video on that tool...that's bad a[…]

100% the new bearings. The others were completely […]

1985 Speedo Issues Part 2

Hey everyone! I've been working on the guards red […]