Four cylinder transaxle cars
By amdavid
What's the consensus?

By fpena944
amdavid wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:47 pm What's the consensus?

Mixed reaction from me...

I immediately see RX-7 in the new design. I know the Mazda was a rip-off of the 924/944 but this really makes them look very similar.

I like the more aggressive styling and it seems to bring the car to a more modern look but it doesn't really look like a Porsche and the identity of the 944 is lost.

So half like, half not.
amdavid liked this
By Yossarian
I'm getting some Chevy Camaro vibes from that rear end. That fixed wing needs some design work. And no one would make anything for the exterior out of that material anymore either. I'm also adverse to rear intakes on a front engine car.
By worf
Yeah. Illegitimate child born of Camero and ruffi’d 944. Wing and rear end shout Chevy too loudly.

Sorry.
By Scott at Team Harco
Naaa. Too cartoonish. Not as bad as the new Supra, but definitely not right. What if they made something that looked like this?

amdavid liked this
By N_Jay
Or maybe something that looks like this?
image.png
image.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By Scott at Team Harco
That works too.

It is really a well proportioned design. My favorite term is; 'timeless'. It looks as good today as it did 35(+/-) years ago.

It's time for me to return to the engine I started four years ago for the S2 in the photo I posted above. So many other projects have gotten in the way.

Here's a nice interpretation of that timeless design:

By Voith
I don't like it. Too riced, I like this one though :)
582579.jpg
582580.jpg
582578.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By worf
... and less wheel.
Rear Brake line Seized

Thanks Dave. I surely don't want to mess with th[…]

For what it is worth, only the rear Yokes are Po[…]

Gary, been reading a little in the wiring primer. […]

Plan would be a light coat under the nut, a well[…]