SUVs and sedans
By fpena944
My Cayenne Turbo's rear wiper has been acting a little strange lately. It just starts up and then will stop right in the middle of it's cycle. Then I try to turn it off and it still doesn't really respond immediately.

I've heard that the wiper motor might need replacement when these types of issues come up. Anyone else had this happen? Has the motor fixed the issue?
By DAVfoto
No issue with mine yet. Mine goes out of warranty in 3 weeks, so may try to have mine looked at week before New Years Eve.

I would probably think the motor is going out and it's shorting out or seizing up mid cycle.
By fpena944
New motor came in last night but not sure I'll get to it today - maybe tomorrow and then I'll report back!
By wwilliams888
I had this happen. Wiper would spontaneously turn on and off by itself and wouldn’t go back to the home position on my 2013 base. Turned out the wiper fluid had leaked into the gear housing corroding the position contacts. Replacing the wiper motor assembly fixed the problem. The most difficult part was getting the wiper arm off of the shaft since it is a press fit. With the right arm puller I got it off, but it took a lot of pressure to get it to pop off. The rest of the repair was relatively straight forward.
By fpena944
wwilliams888 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:51 pm I had this happen. Wiper would spontaneously turn on and off by itself and wouldn’t go back to the home position on my 2013 base. Turned out the wiper fluid had leaked into the gear housing corroding the position contacts. Replacing the wiper motor assembly fixed the problem. The most difficult part was getting the wiper arm off of the shaft since it is a press fit. With the right arm puller I got it off, but it took a lot of pressure to get it to pop off. The rest of the repair was relatively straight forward.
Oops forgot to close this out!

The new assembly fixed the problem but like you said removing the arm was the most difficult part. Worst of all I had to do it twice because I put it on the wrong direction the first time. So it was cleaning the license plate instead of the window :biggrin:

All fixed now!
amdavid liked this
By wwilliams888
For future reference, here is the parts diagram. I replaced the motor assembly (7). The washer fluid attaches to the back of the motor assembly and squirts coaxially thru the wiper arm shaft. If it leaks internal to the motor assembly, it will screw up the home position contacts of the wiper arm. That’s what happened to me. The nozzle (5) often clogs but is cheap and easy to replace.

Bring A Trailer finds

and gauges for fuel level, coolant temperatu[…]

Tractors

The rear tires on my tractor are filled with beet […]

Ineos Grenadier

Sewell has a dealership for them here in the DFW m[…]

78 in Fort worth

Ed that would look good with new tan carpets and b[…]