Forum layout is now fixed. If it hasn't reverted back to original form for you, delete your browser cache and you should see it fixed.
Where you should report and bugs or suggestions
By fpena944
Names have been drawn and everyone that is participating will be receiving a Private Message from me with your recipient.

Let's keep gifts around $20 or so as this should be fun and not a drain on our finances. For mailing just choose the least expensive method since it's likely going to take some time to arrive to it's destination anyway.

In order to keep your identity secret, you can use my LLC's mailing address for the return address:

Open Road Site LLC
2336 SE Ocean Blvd #153
Stuart, FL 34996

Feel free to drop in hints if you want or have some fun messing with your recipient! :evilgrin:

Once we all start receiving the goods we'll have to guess who sent what - we'll use this same thread for it. There are a total of 12 of us who are participating so it should be funny and interesting to see what we all received and who we think was the guilty party!

Ok, off to create these PMs for you all. If you participated and don't receive a PM from me by this evening, please let me know!
By fpena944
DAVfoto wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:07 pm How.... did I miss this? I would have participated but it looks like you already have an even number of participants.
Sorry, I made a sticky but unless you go to the actual forums it might be hard to see.

If anyone does want to join in at the last minute let me know!
By fpena944
Cuda911 wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:00 pm I didn't receive a pm yet.
Oh man I'm sorry but I actually didn't see your submission captured. I should have listed everyone that entered and then request confirmation. My mistake, I'm sorry.

If one more person wants to join PM me and we can mix it up and do a second round. That way we can have three people added and make it somewhat interesting.
By fpena944
N_Jay wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:55 pm So are we going with the names we have or waiting for new set to get sent out?
I've only had Cuda and DavFoto express interest in joining.

So if anyone already sent their goods then we might just have to proceed. But if it still hasn't happened we can add them and rework the list.

What does everyone think?
By sh944
I vote for inclusivity! Its the Open Road way, right? lol
By fpena944
Ok if anyone else wants to join in just write me here.

I'm going to redo the list and include @Cuda911 and @DAVfoto

Anyone else? New names will go out this evening!
By fpena944
fpena944 wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:28 pm Ok if anyone else wants to join in just write me here.

I'm going to redo the list and include @Cuda911 and @DAVfoto

Anyone else? New names will go out this evening!
@Cuda911 and @DAVfoto I need your addresses and what you'd like to receive. Send me a PM and we'll get this thing going!

For all others, I need the info before creating the new list.
By Gregs04.5
No, I meant the gift was already sent, I should have been more specific.

Greg
By G8RB8
Disappointed not to see pictures yet. Are we to wait for Christmas? I can't wait to see the gifts this crew selected.
By fpena944
Gregs04.5 wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:00 pm No, I meant the gift was already sent, I should have been more specific.

Greg
Oh sorry! If you prefer to keep your existing either because you already sent it or have purchased for the individual selected, then just let me know and I'll make sure to keep you locked in to your current!
By fpena944
OK everyone, I think we're all set!

For those who requested to keep your old names, just continue as originally planned.

For all others you should have received a new recipient. Let's have some fun, post pictures when you get your gifts and we'll see if you can figure things out!
By fpena944
Cuda911 wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:53 am Hey, is this supposed to be white elephant style or new merchandise?
Was never specified but was thinking new. Although others chime in and say what you think.

(Next year we'll have this be a little more organized!)
By NCporsche
This was the original post that started the Secret Santa.
N_Jay wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:28 am I was active on a forum that ran a Secret Santa.
The admin took the names of those who wanted to play and drew a random recipient for each.
The gift was supposed to be something you had laying around and did not need, but was not trash or junk. (Think of white elephant meets secret Santa).
I think they has a stated value of about $25 just to keep things from devolving, but everyone seemed to pretty much give based on their own situation.
I don't know if people here would find this fun.
I bought new because my manufacturing device was seized. The neighbor is still pissed! :roflmao:
By Cuda911
Ok, mine's going in the mail today. Whoever gets it will know it's from me by the shitty wrapping job .

Edit: It's supposed to arrive there on Monday.
Last edited by Cuda911 on Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Cuda911
amdavid wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:54 pm Just like my kids.....you couldn't hold out...???!...it's not even the 20th. :evilgrin:

You know I'm razzin ya!......fun, fun.

V-Fib wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:37 pm Thanks Santa!!!!!!!!!!!

as a tool nut.....it's perfect! :rockon:
He opened it the last day of Hanukkah, so a legit opening.
By N_Jay
Hanukah is over and mine didn't show up.

I have been discriminated on in a way that my inner child will never recover from.

It is almost as bad as the tine I wanted walkie/talkies and got socks and sweater instead. Oy!

Can someone give me the email address of the social justice help line?
I tried calling but all they said was "You ain't Woke!" and hung up.
By Louis de Funes
Thank you Santa :byewave:
20201220_013736.jpg
20201220_013748.jpg
20201220_013901.jpg

this tool comes at a good time since my Suburban has been throwing a Check Engine LIght.

20201220_013913.jpg

Merry Christmas
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By ltusler
Thanks Santa! Since I recently retired, and everyday is now Saturday, I hope I can wait until Christmas to enjoy it!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By Cuda911
Thus showed up today... looks good! Can't wait to try it on something.
By XR4Tim
I'm not familiar with Otis Taylor, but I am excited that this is a hybrid SACD, so I will be really happy to get my Super Audio CD changer set up when I get it home from the storage unit!
By fpena944
Glad everyone is enjoying this event :biggrin:

Unfortunately there might have been some confusion after we re-did the names so one or more of you might receive multiple gifts and someone might get shorted.

My apologies in advance as when we re-selected the names it's possible some may have already sent their gifts and I wasn't aware when I reassigned them.

If you're a victim let me know and we'll see if we can somehow square everything away.
By XR4Tim
For what it's worth, some packages may be arriving late. The one I sent was supposed to be delivered Monday, but now says "arriving late" with no ETA. The last package I sent prior to this one wound up two weeks late.
By fpena944
amdavid wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:54 am I've been victimized!.....unless I'm being impatient, but based on the above it may not be my impatience this time.
I don't think yours was one of the affected because the provider only had one name to go with. Might be late because of how wonderfully efficient things are this time of year.

I know I ordered a gift for my wife on 12/7 and now found out if won't arrive in time. Argh!
By NCporsche
I need to remember the joy is in the giving, not the receiving.

Cayenne vs panamera (hybrid)

Had the car extensively detailed, polished and cer[…]

:thumbup: :rockon: :burnout:

Rear Brake line Seized

My auto-shop teacher would slap the back of your h[…]

New Yokohama tires now available in 16"

It's not just Porsche with the MFR specific tire d[…]