Watercooled 911s
By fpena944
I just heard a 992 Turbo for the first time today as one drove by me only going about 20 mph.

Now I've heard my fair share of 911s both normally aspirated and turbo but this one had a sound unlike any I've ever had the pleasure of hearing. It sounded like a turbine engine and was an absolute pleasure to my ears.

So question, is this normal exhaust or did this guy have an aftermarket unit that just screamed? OMG can't stop thinking about how awesome it sounded! :bowdown:
By fpena944
amdavid wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:32 pm Nothing like a pissed off 911 ready for WOT. Haven't heard a 992 turbo, so I can't really comment other than "I want to hear".
We were on an open-air tour trolley in St Augustine where we were viewing the holiday lights.

The driver/tourguide was cracking jokes about everything so when the 911 went by he says, "Oh there goes someone who needs to make up for their shortcomings if you know what I mean!"

Hey I didn't care, the driver of that car had it set up perfectly in my opinion!
amdavid liked this
By TheDeckMan
Something like this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swIv4p5ZIwg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb_TYCi1Ono

:biggrin:

Dont get me wrong I love N/A flat six's but damn a wild turbo is something that makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up.
By Streck-Fu
fpena944 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:11 pm I just heard a 992 Turbo for the first time today as one drove by me only going about 20 mph.

Now I've heard my fair share of 911s both normally aspirated and turbo but this one had a sound unlike any I've ever had the pleasure of hearing. It sounded like a turbine engine and was an absolute pleasure to my ears.

So question, is this normal exhaust or did this guy have an aftermarket unit that just screamed? OMG can't stop thinking about how awesome it sounded! :bowdown:
Here you go...

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]

78 in Fort worth

I have not seen that car before. I am familiar wi[…]

Wonderful. I don't think there are many critical d[…]