By JimV8
Curious to learn opinions of tho two. It’s looking a lot like I’ll be permanently spitting my time between MX and CAN and seeing how my PB doggie can’t fly cargo I’ll need to drive. It’s 4400km each way so comfort and reliability are important. In MX the roads aren’t Pcar friendly and outside the big cities service is non existent. Nissan and Toyota’s are a dime a dozen here and plenty of parts distribution and talent and that’s what led me to Infiniti. The EX35 reminds me of an upscale Golf GTI and the FX35 reminds me of Cayenne. I like the idea of the EX35, a sports car in SUV clothing. Doing my due diligence and wonder if folks have experience with either of the cars. BTW, the roads down here beg to driven and The Law ain’t an issue.
CDDCF704-B596-44E5-9785-F7E5E5B8FBF5.png
E4BD25D8-9B03-4EEA-B2B4-6951F57EBD5A.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By XR4Tim
To the original question, I don't really have any experience with either, but I can comment on warranty claims. The only failure we see with consistency on the Nissan Murano and Rogue is CVT failure. I'm pretty certain that the Infiniti models use a real automatic transmission and not a CVT, so my guess would be that these are very reliable. I can't recall seeing a claim for an EX35 or FX35 any time recently.
By JimV8
Digging further into this I’ve learned the repair, parts chain for Infinity cars in Mexico is near zero. So while cars are very reliable stuff does break and that could lead to long long repairs. I just drove coast 200 into Vallarta, a 3.5 hr run, full of twisting on a good two lane blacktop with little traffic. I met or passed 20 or so cars in that time and I’m getting a better idea what’s needed. So, I’m looking at a Volvo 950 Executive that’s ready for a transplant. Trannie would be T5, engine 5.3 LS. What can I do I’m V8?
Ineos Grenadier

Sewell has a dealership for them here in the DFW m[…]

78 in Fort worth

Ed that would look good with new tan carpets and b[…]

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]