Forum layout is now fixed. If it hasn't reverted back to original form for you, delete your browser cache and you should see it fixed.
Where you should report and bugs or suggestions
By fpena944
Hi everyone,

So all of this time I had been sitting on a feature that displays badges based on specific actions or activities on the forum. Thankfully it was suggested to have this on the site and I was able to get it up and running today.

Right now I only have 3 different types set up:
image.png
- The old-timer badge. This for those of you who have been here more than 7 months. I'll keep moving this as time goes on so it identifies the original group of users here.
image.png
- How many posts you have badge. You'll see the number of stars increase as you pass certain thresholds. After 1000 posts you get the 5 stars!
image.png
- Open Road Donor. For those who have graciously contributed to the operation of this site, first a big THANK YOU. This badge identifies you as one of the valued members. Note that I had to identify all contributors manually so if I missed you, please let me know and I'll add it to your profile. Also if you would rather not have this display on your profile, I can remove it as well.

Please provide suggestions for other criteria we can use for badges. It would be fun to think of others that we can use to show how we're all helping keep this place going for all to enjoy.

Note - there's not enough room to display these in mobile so you'll only see them in desktop and when using the Flatboots theme. For those who are still using Elegance, please consider Flatboots now as I've increased the font size and it should be easier to read. There's a lot of additional functionality I can't add to the old theme because it's based on a completely different architecture.

Thanks again everyone!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By FlatSix

I'm fine as long as I don't get one of these badges.
image.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By Gretch
can we have a private, secret ballot for the douche bag award...............????

Woof! :roflmao:
By sh944
Any chance we can create a special “KCWS” member badge?
By fpena944
sh944 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:47 pm Any chance we can create a special “KCWS” member badge?
If you have a graphic and list of names, we can create it!

Goes for all of the others mentioned too. Yeah we could run monthly contests or votes and see who gets to wear the "dunce" hat - how about that?
By Erik N
ALKada wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:56 pm Will there be an “A-hole” achievement badge or would that be handed out too regularly?
I think we ALL have that one. Kind of a rhetorical question...
It's why we are all here in the first place.
By Gretch
mussberger wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:27 pm
Gretch wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:23 pm can we have a private, secret ballot for the douche bag award...............????

Woof! :roflmao:
THAT WAS HYSTERICAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By fpena944
NCporsche wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:25 pm Like the ability to scroll to bottom of page and see avatars of who is on-line.

Using ELEGANCE.
I had no friggin' idea that even existed!!! :roflmao:

Oh wow I like that and I can try to clean it up and add to Flatboots. Thanks for telling me about that as I never knew. Since I only used Elegance for a short period of time before the rebrand there is still a lot there that you all know more than I do.
By fpena944
NCporsche wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:36 pmLike
Well I did some exploring and found that we actually do have the same on Flatboots but it's not quite as useful (yet) as the one on Elegance. I'll ask developer dude if he can expand the size of these so that they can actually be seen without a microscope:
image.png
By fpena944
@NCporsche - this might not convince you to move to Flatboots but I did have our developer expand the photo size on the "active online now" list:
image.png
Selling my 39 Chevy Pickup

My age and mobility has led me to decide to sell m[…]

Nothing important, but it struck me this morni[…]

Rear Brake line Seized

Hey Bertrand, are you re-using the rusted nuts you[…]

Cayenne vs panamera (hybrid)

Had the car extensively detailed, polished and cer[…]