Racing, Drivers Education, autocross, and other motorsports
By fpena944
Headed to the Sebring race earlier today and got to experience the sights, sounds, and smells of the event. Was quite the experience so I wanted to share photos I captured from throughout the day.

Since there are over 100 photos I posted them in a gallery here:

https://openroad.site/pages/2020/11/14/ ... mber-2020/

Enjoy!
By fpena944
David993S wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:03 am Thanks Fernando. Those are good. I like the paddock cars as much as the race pics.
Appreciate it!

I actually would have taken more paddock pictures but the problem is I didn't want to switch between my zoom and regular lens. So I had to stand quite a ways back to get photos which often meant people walking in front.

I guess next time I need to bring two cameras!
By Scott at Team Harco
Good stuff, "Fred". Thanks for sharing. That was an interesting race. A lot of drama and strange incidents.

Nice to see Castroneves finally win a championship.
By fpena944
Scott at Team Harco wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:16 pm Good stuff, "Fred". Thanks for sharing. That was an interesting race. A lot of drama and strange incidents.

Nice to see Castroneves finally win a championship.
What's crazy is that when you're there the whole thing is really hard to follow. I'm more used to Daytona where no matter where you are there is a view of a large screen where you can see what is happening.

Cell reception was awful so even with the app I still couldn't figure out anything was wrong until I would notice a break in the action and then see the pace car on the track. Not until I got home and watched the highlights was I able to see what took place to cause those cautions.

Next time we'll need to rent an RV to make it more comfortable.

I'm also happy that Castroneves was able to finally get his championship.

Also bittersweet to see the Porsche factory team take #1 and #2 yet won't be returning next year. The GT team did well too placing first. So 911s had a great day even after losing some bodywork in the process! :eek:

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]

78 in Fort worth

I have not seen that car before. I am familiar wi[…]

Wonderful. I don't think there are many critical d[…]