Forum layout is now fixed. If it hasn't reverted back to original form for you, delete your browser cache and you should see it fixed.
8 cylinder front engine iconic vehicle
By jschiller
For those of you who take your shark on long distance drives, do you take an emergency travel kit with you? If so, what do you take? I carry a LED flashlight, a few 53B relays and spare fuses along with a remote fuel pump jumper cable but I am sure there are many more essentials I should be packing. I thought about adding in an alternator belt but it would be cumbersome to change on the road since other belts need to be removed first. Top/bottom radiator hoses? I don't carry an air compressor for the never used spare tire and I doubt it would hold air anyway after 30+ years. MAF, LH, EZK, battery jump pack? I do carry a complete tool set when I travel in my other cars that I would take when I travel in the 928. There's a short thread on TOS with a few ideas but I'm sure there are stories from members here about what you wished you were carrying when things went toes up.
So what do you carry and what did you have to use when your shark misbehaved? :hitfan:
By worf
Alternator belt is the first one. However, none of the belts are easy to change without removing the fan shroud.

My travel list:
Cash
Spare LH (my ‘91’s is unrebuilt, so it will die one of these days.)
iPad with shop manuals
Small box with test leads, a good 53 relay, multimeter, nitrile gloves, and my Wera ratcheting bit driver.
My 1/4” Wera toolset.
One quart of oil per 2500 planned miles.

That’s it.

If I am traveling with other 928s that are not maintained by me, I add my spare set of gear wrenches, Bosch Hammer, more relays, no-start parts swap box, a full box of nitrile gloves, and a set of “garage cloths.”

What I do is to make sure there are no “todo” list items of any consequence undone.
Refurbishing D90 Wheels

Modern 'take' on D90s or just fugly? https://i.[…]

Selling my 39 Chevy Pickup

Thansks

87-95 door air vents

stripping this 90 S4 down i noticed the door air v[…]

That sucks Here in N Fla the Brodozers take them […]