8 cylinder front engine iconic vehicle
By maddog2020
they are NLA and I bought an aftermarket from Griffith's and it's the biggest piece of dung that I've ever touched, except a Fiat X19 that I owned way back.

I've pinged the usual places, 928 intl, and DC auto. Haven't heard back from Mark, yet.

on the cars with the later oil cooler, you have to pull the cooler to get to the bolts for the condenser at the bottom and I really want to get this thing back on the road.
By worf
maddog2020 wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 10:13 pm they are NLA …
Are the auto condenser’s NLA too? I know it’s not ideal. But, better than 2-90 A/C in Texas.
By hans14914
Will Bell build one for you?

I know they normally do coolers, but they may be able to build the correct size cores with existing tubes and fins.
By worf
maddog2020 wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 11:40 pm … I guess I'm the only one that cares about it.
Oh, I care. But I like A/C too.
By maddog2020
after stewing about it overnight, I got up super early & dug out my banged up condenser that I had from John Veninger's race car. (I bought it years ago but never used it because it looked like hell) I spent the last 6 hours scrubbing, and straightening fins after pressure checking it to see if it would hold pressure. I'll dust it with SEM total black paint and while it's drying keep working on other stuff & will get it installed as soon as it's dry.

Years ago I bought several fin combs and couldn't find one that had the right spacing. Today I used a dental pick and while it was a total pain in the ass it should look pretty good with some paint on it.

Should have done this years ago. :banghead:
By h2pmr
maddog2020 wrote:after stewing about it overnight, I got up super early & dug out my banged up condenser that I had from John Veninger's race car. (I bought it years ago but never used it because it looked like hell) I spent the last 6 hours scrubbing, and straightening fins after pressure checking it to see if it would hold pressure. I'll dust it with SEM total black paint and while it's drying keep working on other stuff & will get it installed as soon as it's dry.

Years ago I bought several fin combs and couldn't find one that had the right spacing. Today I used a dental pick and while it was a total pain in the ass it should look pretty good with some paint on it.

Should have done this years ago. :banghead:
i had to google " fin comb " as i thought you were taking the pxxx, but i see there are such things out there.
usually more rain than hot sun in the UK, so not much call for them over here, but with global warming it might catch on :rockon:
By worf
maddog2020 wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:09 pm … used a dental pick and while it was a total pain in the ass it should look pretty good with some paint on it.
BTDT. Not great fun. But, better than nothing.
By maddog2020
irony of ironies... I got an email from Griffiths asking me how I liked my condenser. Since they didn't bother to answer my email, I thought "well they asked" so I filled out the online review, and lo and behold I get an email from Griff himself asking me if I wanted a label or UPS pickup and he would make it right. So I may get my money back, even tho I didn't ask for it. The email that I sent had a video of the warped condenser.

While the aftermarket condenser was a piece of dung, ole' Griff went up a few notches in my book.
By hessank
Hey Stirling, I don't know if you have seen this on FleaBay as yet but I thought I should bring it to your attention.
If you search for " Porsche 928 S4, GT, GTS AC Condenser ", This shows up with a specific model for the auto and a larger (15") version for the manual

By maddog2020
the ebay ones are worse fitting than the griff model. I actually got a full refund from griff. they mailed me a check after they received it back. they even issued me a call tag.

1st place in both prototypes and GT classes at Spa[…]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-DgVrPnV7Q

sunroof cover questions

Yeah. No padding. But, unless the padding wraps ar[…]

928 quick questions thread

Exactly Phil. Thicker sealing washers or a shorter[…]