Where you should report and bugs or suggestions
By fpena944
Hey everyone,

Tonight or soon thereafter I'm going to be updating the page at https://openroad.site to the new format that includes articles and ads as I mentioned previously.

If you access the site by going directly into https://openroad.site then you'll see this and will need to select the "Forums" menu to get here.
image.png
But if you would rather skip this, which is why I reconfigured the URL format of the forum, the please bookmark this web address instead:

https://forums.openroad.site/

Going to this URL will take you directly to the index page without having to visit the "main" page of the site.

I'll post some info in the Diner later about the articles and opportunities for those of you who would like to contribute your writings for a revenue share arrangement.

More to come soon and as always, thank you for your support!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dernflatlander liked this
By dernflatlander
Very nicely done, Fernando! Professional look and feel.
By SidViscous
I had some raging holy crap what's this shit earlier today.

Went on my work phone and came to the front site. Saw an article about converting power 944 sunroof to manual.

"Hey I wrote one of those many years ago"
So I clicked on it, couldn't see the pictures, but I was like, hey a lot of this sounds like what I wrote, whos taking credit for my shit.

Got home, and clicked so I could see the pictures so I would know, I can spot my pictures taken with a high end potato anywhere.

Then I saw the link and that it was taken from my original write up. I have vague recollectionsof sending El Jefe the link. So rage for no reason.

But El Jefe, I think you need to work on the picture links, they aren't showing up.
By fpena944
SidViscous wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:25 pm I had some raging holy crap what's this shit earlier today.

Went on my work phone and came to the front site. Saw an article about converting power 944 sunroof to manual.

So I clicked on it, couldn't see the pictures, but I was like, hey a lot of this sounds like what I wrote, whos taking credit for my shit.

Got home, and clicked so I could see the pictures so I would know, I can spot my pictures taken with a high end potato anywhere.

Then I saw the link and that it was taken from my original write up. I have vague recollectionsof sending El Jefe the link. So rage for no reason.

But El Jefe, I think you need to work on the picture links, they aren't showing up.
Was going to tell you guys that this is all still a work in progress. When I made the upgrades the picture galleries for the previous content got zapped. So I'm working on restoring it all.

Also many of the articles that are there are pretty much placeholders. They are not great but in order to start working on the new home page I had to populate the content or the layout wouldn't have worked. These articles will all be rewritten so the general message is the same but the quality of the writing will improve - along with photos!

I'll post guidelines soon for user-submitted articles but want to work on a template first.

So yeah, still a lot of work to do but figured not many people were visiting yet so I was working behind the scenes. :biggrin:
By SidViscous
fpena944 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:05 pm
SidViscous wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:25 pm I had some raging holy crap what's this shit earlier today.

Was going to tell you guys that this is all still a work in progress. When I made the upgrades the picture galleries for the previous content got zapped. So I'm working on restoring it all.

Also many of the articles that are there are pretty much placeholders. They are not great but in order to start working on the new home page I had to populate the content or the layout wouldn't have worked. These articles will all be rewritten so the general message is the same but the quality of the writing will improve - along with photos!

I'll post guidelines soon for user-submitted articles but want to work on a template first.

So yeah, still a lot of work to do but figured not many people were visiting yet so I was working behind the scenes. :biggrin:
Well a couple of months ago someone called me about this upgrade. so they may have been prompted by that article on this site.
fpena944 liked this
Ineos Grenadier

Sewell has a dealership for them here in the DFW m[…]

78 in Fort worth

Ed that would look good with new tan carpets and b[…]

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]