Where you should report and bugs or suggestions
By fpena944
Hey everyone,

We're back up and running!

You may have noticed that trying to go to old URLs isn't quite working. Well this is because I moved the forum to a new subdomain so that is physically separated from the blog portion of the site. This has been a problem when updating software since day 1 and thankfully I have now been able to fix it.

I'm still working on the redirects to automatically get your old links to behave but for now you can directly access the forum by going to this URL:

https://forums.openroad.site/

Since the software has been updated please report if there are any problems. Oh I also forgot to mention, you might have to re-log in as well because I changed the name of the cookie.

Thank you all for your patience!
By Erik N
Fernando, you are awesome. Thank you!
By AKSteve
lupo.sk wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:28 am Good job! One thing - nightstalker mode on phone is not working and my eyes are burned out :D
Same thing with Safari on my MacBook. Clicking on the Moon icon at the top of the screen no longer switches you into night mode.
By fpena944
lupo.sk wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:28 am Good job! One thing - nightstalker mode on phone is not working and my eyes are burned out :D
AKSteve wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:22 am
Same thing with Safari on my MacBook. Clicking on the Moon icon at the top of the screen no longer switches you into night mode.
Yossarian wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:18 am Night mode gone and the site is only in the middle of the screen now instead of taking up full screen real estate.
Ok thanks for reporting. I'll look into it shortly!
By fpena944
amdavid wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:49 am Reply with quote is including response in the quoted text.
Hmmm, not seeing that one.

Anyone else also running into this?

About Nightstalker - still trying to figure this one out as I'm not getting any console errors or anything but it's not enabling it. Hopefully will figure it out soon.
By amdavid
I just tested in this thread and it worked fine....however I'm sure it was giving me an issue in the dive bar.....it was putting a [/quote] around my text....I think that is the issue. I'll keep an eye out next time I quote someone.
By fpena944
Yossarian wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:18 am Night mode gone and the site is only in the middle of the screen now instead of taking up full screen real estate.
Airkuhl wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:41 am Like button doesn't work for me.
I believe these should all be fixed now!

There was a piece of code that got modified by another module that I had deleted. I installed the original code and it appears things are working as they should be.

But let me know if that is not the case.
By lupo.sk
fpena944 wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:25 pm
Airkuhl wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:41 am Like button doesn't work for me.
I believe these should all be fixed now!

There was a piece of code that got modified by another module that I had deleted. I installed the original code and it appears things are working as they should be.

But let me know if that is not the case.
Noice, nightmode works!
By Scott at Team Harco
amdavid wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:11 pm
lupo.sk wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:52 pm

Noice, nightmode works!
Yes!
Yep. :thumbup:

Thanks Jefe!
By Scott at Team Harco
Yossarian wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:16 pm I still don't have full screen on desktop, but that may just be a cookie thing. I'll doing some deleting and see what I can get.
Would changing your zoom setting fix this?
By Yossarian
Scott at Team Harco wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:19 pm
Yossarian wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:16 pm I still don't have full screen on desktop, but that may just be a cookie thing. I'll doing some deleting and see what I can get.
It's more an issue of looking at a mobile site setup instead of the way it has always been before.
By Scott at Team Harco
Yossarian wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:21 pm
It's more an issue of looking at a mobile site setup instead of the way it has always been before.
You did mention desktop. Regardless, I am not the most computer savvy to be taking advice from....
By AKSteve
My eyes thank you for bringing Night Mode back.
By fpena944
Yossarian wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:21 pm
This is interesting because even on my super-wide monitor, the site only takes up the middle 2/3rds of the screen. The sides are blank.

Here is an example:
image.png
Is this what yours looks like?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By fpena944
AKSteve wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:50 pm My eyes thank you for bringing Night Mode back.
I use the light mode on my desktop but on my phone use the dark mode. So I can't make up my mind! :roflmao:
By Yossarian
fpena944 wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:30 pmThis is interesting because even on my super-wide monitor, the site only takes up the middle 2/3rds of the screen. The sides are blank.
I took Scott's advice and just enlarged it to 133% and it is closer now to what it was before. Maybe I had it set that high before the update and I don't remember. So problem may have been PEBCAK.
By fpena944
Yossarian wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:47 pm
fpena944 wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:30 pmThis is interesting because even on my super-wide monitor, the site only takes up the middle 2/3rds of the screen. The sides are blank.
I took Scott's advice and just enlarged it to 133% and it is closer now to what it was before. Maybe I had it set that high before the update and I don't remember. So problem may have been PEBCAK.
Perfect! If we find that a lot of people need a larger font I can increase it all throughout. But it's just I don't know how many of us have bigger screens and would appreciate that.

Glad it's resolved!
By Asquared
FYI, My avatar no longer shows up in my posts. When I go to the user panel, it still shows my pic as my "current" avatar, but it in threads, all I see is the generic "OpenRoad" avatar.

I have not tried deleting the avatar image and uploading it again, because I would have to go look for the pic.
By lupo.sk
Asquared wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:13 pm FYI, My avatar no longer shows up in my posts. When I go to the user panel, it still shows my pic as my "current" avatar, but it in threads, all I see is the generic "OpenRoad" avatar.

I have not tried deleting the avatar image and uploading it again, because I would have to go look for the pic.

your avatar is against community guidelines and had been removed. we want everyone to feel safe, even people like Sid :beerchug:

you can appeal this decision by sending Fernando $500 for hookers and blow.
By fpena944
Asquared wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:13 pm FYI, My avatar no longer shows up in my posts. When I go to the user panel, it still shows my pic as my "current" avatar, but it in threads, all I see is the generic "OpenRoad" avatar.

Is this the image?
image.png
If so it's strange because I also see what you see and when I try to download it, I get an error message. So what I did was just take a screenshot.

I can re-upload it manually and it should hopefully fix it. Only thing I could think of is that somehow it got corrupted but it doesn't seem to be widespread.
lupo.sk wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:25 pm
your avatar is against community guidelines and had been removed. we want everyone to feel safe, even people like Sid :beerchug:

you can appeal this decision by sending Fernando $500 for hookers and blow.
Haha! Well if it does get to that point, I'll take a pic and use that as my avatar! :rockon:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By Asquared
fpena944 wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:46 pm Is this the image?
Yeah, that's the one. No need to spend any time with it, I can find the image and reupload it and see if that works. It could the wrong size image based on the update.
By fpena944
Asquared wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:52 pm
fpena944 wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:46 pm Is this the image?
Yeah, that's the one. No need to spend any time with it, I can find the image and reupload it and see if that works. It could the wrong size image based on the update.
Ok just let me know if you do need me to jump in there and give a hand!
Rear Brake line Seized

Just watched a video on that tool...that's bad a[…]

100% the new bearings. The others were completely […]

1985 Speedo Issues Part 2

Hey everyone! I've been working on the guards red […]

For what it is worth, only the rear Yokes are Po[…]