SUVs and sedans
By fpena944
Changed the oil in our 2011 Cayenne Turbo about two weeks ago. Took a 1200 mile road trip since then so the fact that I just found a small puddle of oil on our garage floor is quite concerning to me.

I don't have the car in front of me but when my wife brings it home, what are some of the areas I should try to focus on for source of leaks?
By XR4Tim
Drain plug and filter housing are both pretty common spots. Also, if you've got PDCC, check the lines by the front sway bar.
By lupo.sk
Check intercoolers, oil pools in driver’s side IC lower pipe
XR4Tim liked this
By fpena944
XR4Tim wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:17 am Drain plug and filter housing are both pretty common spots. Also, if you've got PDCC, check the lines by the front sway bar.
lupo.sk wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:23 pm Check intercoolers, oil pools in driver’s side IC lower pipe
Thank you both. I checked the oil level and it's still the same level it was after I changed the oil. So hoping it's maybe just something that accumulated over the last couple of weeks.

Will check tomorrow and see what I can find!
By fpena944
Ok sort of worried and want to see if my diagnosis is correct.

Took the cover off and here is what I see:
image.png
If you look to the left that is the actual source of the leak. There's nothing running down behind it but to me it appears that this is a hole in the oil pan. Is that correct? Or am I seeing something different and jumping to the wrong conclusion.

Here is another view:
image.png
Does this mean oil pan replacement? If so how difficult? Any patchwork solutions like a JB-Weld a suitable alternative?

In any case, going to park the CTT and let wife use the Cayman and I'll rely on the 996 until we get it fixed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By fpena944
 ! Message from: fpena944
[Idiot Mode Enabled]
As I was securing the plastic cover under the car I realized that the screw hole for one of them lines up perfectly with the hole in the oil pan.

Then I also realized one of the screws is longer than all the others.

Yeah self-inflicted damage here. I screwed into my own oil pan!

Going to drain the oil and try some JB-Weld. If that doesn't seem to hold then a new oil pan will be in the works. Ugh... :banghead:
By fpena944
i am not a traitor wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:44 am Image
I know at first I was asking my wife what she ran over. But then I got to thinking about how with the plastic covering there shouldn't be any way for a puncture without any damage to the outside.

Then I was fitting one of the plastic covers on and noticed it fit perfectly into where that hole was. Argh!

The JB Weld seems to be holding pretty well so far. I checked yesterday and it was dry. Will check again today and the day after before putting the covers back on. Lesson learned for sure!

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]

78 in Fort worth

I have not seen that car before. I am familiar wi[…]

Wonderful. I don't think there are many critical d[…]