Boats, Planes, Motorcycles, ATVs, RVs, and all other fun non-automotive vehicles
By JimV8
I had a VW based single seat race car years ago which wasn’t competitive but I’d always wanted to try that out. After one race I realized I didn’t have the money to keep up to to the breaking parts and it was extremely uncomfortable too. So I retired from dirt racing, but still liked the idea of going fast through the dirt. When I bought my acreage I did a walkabout to scout where the track should go and started working on it. So when the Outlander 800 went for sale nearby I snapped it up knowing very little about them or how a modified one works. I learned pretty soon it was way to loud and the clutch was set up to snap off. So I can get anywhere real fast, but as it turns out it’s the wrong tool for the job and I really need a tractor. I have one of those too , a 1970s made in Japan CAT977L, it is unstoppable, 2 yard bucket that lifts 13 ft. I’ll need it for a couple more season and sell it for what I paid for it.
By Johnny Five
My cousin just sent me this photo. I gave him an old workhouse electric club car that hauled parts for a local factory for a decade or more. Still running strong - he just finished a redneck lift today so he can bumble around in the pasture and woods. Looks good!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JimV8 liked this
By Airkuhl
Exploring the local mountains.
20190615_124633.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By JustBud
Contemplating getting a side by side..... looking at this one.

anybody have any experience with these?

Can am? RZR? Talon?
By JustBud
I agree, that's a big consideration for me.... not contemplating doing Ken Block style stuff with it, just adventuring....

He has this one set up pretty nice, I bet he has as much in accessories on it as he does in the purchase price.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oulmCB9wNE
By Airkuhl
It really depends on where you plan to ride. The RZR and Can Am will be great in high speed open areas like deserts and huge fields, but their width and long wheelbases make them clumsy and irritating in the woods. If you will be on trails and in the trees more, consider a Yamaha RMAX or Honda Pioneer.
By lupo.sk
I have an older short RZR-S and slowly looking at replacement that’s not twice the size and / or lenght. It’s pretty hard to find actually.

I definitely suggest riding a couple of them prior to purchase.
By ranger22
I went and bought one over the summer. I had no experience or knowledge of what I was doing. I bought a CanAm commander Max Dps. I wanted a four seater and something that was fun and also could be used for work. After the DPS was ordered, I started second guessing that I should
Have bought a Polaris General. I think Polaris has a better reputation, but the CanAms seem to be a bit faster. In this work/play category, 100hp is the norm. Sounds weak, but the vehicles are light and it’s enough power to spin all 4 of the wheels in the dirt. I found all of the dealerships to be staffed with Kia dealership rejects. They are essentially useless fools. The warranties on these things are a joke and all of them are built a bit sloppy. My only big complaint on the CanAm is that I have the dreaded drivetrain rattle from 4500rpm to 5200rpm. CanAm won’t do anything to fix it because the design is sturdy enough to make it past the 6 month warranty period. Apparently it’s a well known issue and there’s a fix, but it’s pretty involved to install. The other work around is to use 4wd all the time. The problem exists on the Maverick Sport and commanders. I do not know if it exists on the Maverick X3. Given how little work I’ve done with the thing, I sort of wish I would have bought an X3, but oh well. My only advice is the be really sure what you want to do with the vehicle before you buy one. Vehicle Width, payload, seating capacity, ground clearance, HP are all factors to consider. Just assume the money is gone because resale is spotty in my neck of the woods.

One more thought, you can customize each vehicle quite a bit. If you do it when you order, the vehicle will ship in pieces to the dealership that assembles the vehicle. They will try to charge you the standard shipping and assembly charge and then rape you on each install of the piece as if they were doing the install after the fact. Most of the pieces are really straightforward to do on your own, so you can save a bundle skipping the add ons at the dealer.
DEA39C35-E048-4CE1-A4A0-6C1304299869.jpeg
By Gretch
this one has worked well for me for several years now........ I like the capacity of the dump bed for hauling all sorts of stuff, like firewood, feed grain, trash, retrieving game, what not. Surprisingly good in the snow, where my previous Honda 450 Foreman was near hopeless without chains.
Bring A Trailer finds

and gauges for fuel level, coolant temperatu[…]

Tractors

The rear tires on my tractor are filled with beet […]

Ineos Grenadier

Sewell has a dealership for them here in the DFW m[…]

78 in Fort worth

Ed that would look good with new tan carpets and b[…]