Mid-engine cars
By fpena944
My Cayman unfortunately came with a front license plate holder installed on the vehicle. Since we don't need a front plate in NC I decided to remove it.

To my horror when I removed the bracket there weren't the standard holes I've seen on other P-cars but plain old DRILLED holes in the bumper! It looked awful but I remembered there was a solution to my problem.

I contacted BumperPlugs but instead of waiting for them to ship me the goods I figured a 10 mile drive to their office would be worth my time. I picked up 4 Rhodium Silver plugs and also got to view some of the other products they offer (hello painted center console for my 996!) in the small showroom area.

Decided to take on the project this morning so here are the installation steps and results:

1. Take the before pictures. Yeah what good is the end result if you can't see what it looked like before? The holes are not just drilled but also push out like mini-volcanos from the front of the bumper, yes it looks bad:

Here is another view from a bit higher:

The little miracle plugs don't look like much when in their respective bags but this is all they are:

Now came the time where there is no turning back...You see the installation process requires drilling the holes to an even bigger 9/32" size. Well here goes nothing!

I did only one as I wanted to make sure this product worked as advertised and after a bit of cleanup I was quite impressed:

So here we go with drilling the rest of the holes - yes it creates quite a mess and when done it appears that you should be planning to buy a new bumper:

But when done, wow it cleans up nicely:

And here we are in the Target parking lot. Wow what an improvement!

I know this seems somewhat insignificant but these little plugs really do a great job cleaning up the horrors of previous owners and/or dealers.

Thank you to Bumperplugs for filling this void and helping keep our cars beautiful!
worf, XR4Tim, amdavid liked this
By linderpat
nice fix. I had bumper plugs on my slate gray 997, but the paint on them eventually wore off, and they turned black, the color underneath. You'll have to watch for that at some point.
By fpena944
linderpat wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:55 pm nice fix. I had bumper plugs on my slate gray 997, but the paint on them eventually wore off, and they turned black, the color underneath. You'll have to watch for that at some point.
I'll keep an eye out for that. Thankfully they're close and I can speak directly with the owner if things start to get ugly.
By UDPride
I have a bunch of interior parts painted by bumperplugs. They still hold up great 10+ years later and Eric has always been helpful when I had questions about anything. Treats customers well and doesnt make you feel like you're a burden. I know...crazy business approach.

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]

78 in Fort worth

I have not seen that car before. I am familiar wi[…]

Wonderful. I don't think there are many critical d[…]