Racing, Drivers Education, autocross, and other motorsports
By fpena944
milrad wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:33 pm Preferably a 981, but either way, I'd love to compare notes on setup, parts, tires, etc. Watcha got?
Following if you get any responses as curious what others are doing with 981s as I plan on getting my base Cayman out on the track this upcoming season.
By ranger22
milrad wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:33 pm Preferably a 981, but either way, I'd love to compare notes on setup, parts, tires, etc. Watcha got?
Talk to Charlie at Innovative Autosports. He sets up a bunch of the 981 Clubsports and has a great reputation. I depend on him for all of my cars. I’m on my 5 car he’s set up got me.
By milrad
ranger22 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:25 pm
Talk to Charlie at Innovative Autosports. He sets up a bunch of the 981 Clubsports and has a great reputation. I depend on him for all of my cars. I’m on my 5 car he’s set up got me.
Thanks!
By ranger22
@milrad just to be clear, I made the suggestion because he’s in Carrollton. You could pay him a visit if you wish. They have a really nice and clean shop attached to the Garages of Texas. Charlie has been setting up street/track cars locally for a long time and is likely the best shop in the metro for Porsche track car setup. He supports most of the local race teams and runs a shop at Eagles Canyon as well.
By facelvega
Another local resource is John Gladwill. He is a wrench at Porsche Plano, but is also typically one if the top 10 drivers in Spec Box. I like having my car worked on by someone that knows what it is like to literally bet your life on the car being screwed together correctly. IIRC he is an ECR member also. Have not been on track the last two years, so I do not know if this info is current...
By ranger22
I’m at Charlie’s shop today getting some Dundon goodies added to my car. Let me know if you ever want an intro. Charlie and John are good friends, they work together when it makes sense to do so.
EBE937FE-5E0B-49EB-98D1-5E5474E4B5B5.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
milrad liked this

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]

78 in Fort worth

I have not seen that car before. I am familiar wi[…]

Wonderful. I don't think there are many critical d[…]