SUVs and sedans
By fpena944
Wife got this message driving the CTT today. I did some preliminary research and it appears it could be a bulb or potentially the housing for the bulb itself.

Does anyone have any experience fixing these at all?

By lupo.sk
Exactly. Sometimes the contacts burn and the housing needs to be replaced.
Pro redneck hacker tip coming from someone owning two cayennes - use tin foil to repair the burned out contacts, it saves you around $400.
By fpena944
Finally got around to working on this today and wow, what should have been easy turned into more confusion for me.

The manual says the bulb to use is an H11. This is anything but an H11 as the plug is completely different!

What I don't understand is how to get this bulb out. In the first picture I am using the arrow to point to what I believe to be the cornering light. Is that correct?

If so then in the second picture you can see what it looks like with the red arrow. How the heck do I remove this?!? The second light with the yellow arrow is I believe the auxiliary high beam which is easy to remove. But the right arrow is the bulb that I think I should be removing and I can't figure out how to do it.

Anyone have any ideas? Again 2011 Turbo.

By fpena944
XR4Tim wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 5:23 am I've done countless cornering lights in 955s and 957s, but don't think I've done one in a 958. My service manual also says it's an H11. If you're bringing it to Weeks Reunion, I'd be happy to take a look.
Thanks I'll bring the bulb but it sure seems like this isn't the right one.

Look forward to meeting soon!
By amdavid
Definitely looks more straightforward on a 955/957. Hmm, I'll be interested to see the result......I know it's only a matter of time before my wife calls me and says "my car is beeping again".

Enjoy the meet up. Wish the norcal contingent here was a little more social in the real world.
By fpena944
wwilliams888 wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:26 pm For future reference, here is a video showing how to do this for the rest of us.

:typing:
Very helpful! This was a pain to replace and shouldn't be that difficult. Porsche designed these to be hard to work with as the main bulb is simple but this cornering light is a hassle.

Tim would have gotten it done for me but I had the wrong bulb because it was different than what was mentioned in the manual. Thankfully it's done and should be good for many more years.
XR4Tim liked this
By fpena944
@XR4Tim - hey I need you to come down and help me out again! :biggrin:

Now the other side is coming up as having burnt out...

Well at least I know what to expect this time and that the bulbs are incorrectly specified in the manual.
By XR4Tim
fpena944 wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:19 pm @XR4Tim - hey I need you to come down and help me out again! :biggrin:

Well at least I know what to expect this time and that the bulbs are incorrectly specified in the manual.
:biggrin:
You can always bring it up here!
By fpena944
XR4Tim wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:38 am
fpena944 wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:19 pm @XR4Tim - hey I need you to come down and help me out again! :biggrin:

Very true, we are due for a road trip up north some time soon!
By XR4Tim
fpena944 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:30 am
XR4Tim wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:38 am

Very true, we are due for a road trip up north some time soon!
Let me know!
Rear Brake line Seized

Thanks Dave. I surely don't want to mess with th[…]

For what it is worth, only the rear Yokes are Po[…]

Gary, been reading a little in the wiring primer. […]

Plan would be a light coat under the nut, a well[…]