General discussions related to cars and driving
By Johnny Five
I love the RS it’s such a sublime “all-arounder” as GT cars are designed to be but….

I need something rawer sitting next to it. I’ve been on the Caterham configurator with some bad ideas in my head. I believe Superformance can import a speccable 620R. Straight cut sequential gearbox box is going to be sex. RH drive only I can live with that.

Old meets new - Lotus Green with Porsche GT3 Acid Green. Yes please:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By fpena944
Johnny Five wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:17 am I love the RS it’s such a sublime “all-arounder” as GT cars are designed to be but….

I need something rawer sitting next to it. I’ve been on the Caterham configurator with some bad ideas in my head. I believe Superformance can import a speccable 620R. Straight cut sequential gearbox box is going to be sex. RH drive only I can live with that.

Old meets new - Lotus Green with Porsche GT3 Acid Green. Yes please:
That's as close as you can get to a motorcycle with the safety features of a car.

If that's too raw have you thought about a Lotus? A friend of mine is a huge fan of them and has had several.
By Johnny Five
I was shopping for the latest Exige - the really fast one - before I bought the RS. I called the nearest dealer and was disappointed to learn Lotus doesn’t sell new Exiges in the US.

I wonder if they can be feasibly imported like the Caterham? I doubt it given Lotus production volume. I’m wondering if new Caterhams are being imported to the US under “show and display exception” due to low volume…

Either way I can get one here.

620R is a lot of car - intimidating even. The power to weight ratio and lack of nannies require serious respect.
By jcnesq
Johnny Five wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:43 am I was shopping for the latest Exige - the really fast one - before I bought the RS. I called the nearest dealer and was disappointed to learn Lotus doesn’t sell new Exiges in the US.

I wonder if they can be feasibly imported like the Caterham? I doubt it given Lotus production volume. I’m wondering if new Caterhams are being imported to the US under “show and display exception” due to low volume…

620R is a lot of car - intimidating even. The power to weight ratio and lack of nannies require serious respect.
If you are really serious, a client of mine is co-owner of the Lotus dealer in Seoul. I am pretty sure dealer agreements with Lotus would prohibit selling outside your franchised territory, but again, if you are serious, I could ask.
By Johnny Five
I want the Caterham now - GT3RS was an “instead of” purchase on the lotus. Thank you for the offer.
jcnesq wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:31 pm
Johnny Five wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:43 am I was shopping for the latest Exige - the really fast one - before I bought the RS. I called the nearest dealer and was disappointed to learn Lotus doesn’t sell new Exiges in the US.

If you are really serious, a client of mine is co-owner of the Lotus dealer in Seoul. I am pretty sure dealer agreements with Lotus would prohibit selling outside your franchised territory, but again, if you are serious, I could ask.
78 in Fort worth

Ed that would look good with new tan carpets and b[…]

Ineos Grenadier

It’s not an SUV. It’s a hardcore offro[…]

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]