By N_Jay
Working on a 2004 Touareg, and seems I may need to do some coding.
By fpena944
N_Jay wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:42 pm Working on a 2004 Touareg, and seems I may need to do some coding.
My dad has a full shop computer in his garage that he kept after selling his business. He's not specifically a VW expert but has a lot of experience with them. What do you need exactly?
By N_Jay
fpena944 wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:58 am
N_Jay wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:42 pm Working on a 2004 Touareg, and seems I may need to do some coding.
My dad has a full shop computer in his garage that he kept after selling his business. He's not specifically a VW expert but has a lot of experience with them. What do you need exactly?
The immediate need is to disable the TPMS.
I am quite sure the sensors are dead, but was told the receiver is bad. I changed receivers to one I was told was good, but really can't tell.
While I like "everything" to work, given its age, I would be happy getting rid of the beeping. (At least until I change tires)

As I play with it more there might be other items, especially if it fails inspection.
By fpena944
N_Jay wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:51 pm
I am quite sure the sensors are dead, but was told the receiver is bad. I changed receivers to one I was told was good, but really can't tell.
While I like "everything" to work, given its age, I would be happy getting rid of the beeping. (At least until I change tires)

As I play with it more there might be other items, especially if it fails inspection.
Dad said his machine can do that and scan for any other potential errors.

He is available this weekend and I can meet you there. He lives close to the speedway in Concord. Let me know if you have time and I'll PM you my # and directions to his house.
By N_Jay
fpena944 wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:32 pm

He is available this weekend and I can meet you there. He lives close to the speedway in Concord. Let me know if you have time and I'll PM you my # and directions to his house.
I have to wait a week or two.
I need to get the title transferred to my name and get a 10day tag first.
Assuming all goes well, I will be getting that done this week.
Then next weekend we are going to Asheville to catch up with a high school friend in from the west coast.

Is he available during the week at all?
By fpena944
N_Jay wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:08 am
fpena944 wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:32 pm

I have to wait a week or two.
I need to get the title transferred to my name and get a 10day tag first.
Assuming all goes well, I will be getting that done this week.
Then next weekend we are going to Asheville to catch up with a high school friend in from the west coast.

Is he available during the week at all?
Sorry it took me so long to get back in touch, was quite a busy and exhausting weekend!

Yes my dad is available after 3:30pm on weekdays. Just let me know when you're ready for a scan and we'll set it up and meet.
By N_Jay
Thanks much!
Hope the moving is going well.
I will be getting to the tag office later this week, so maybe Thursday or Friday.
fpena944 liked this
By N_Jay
The gods smiled, the wind blew the right way, and the devil was momentarily distracted.

The Touareg passed inspection!
By fpena944
N_Jay wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:01 pm The gods smiled, the wind blew the right way, and the devil was momentarily distracted.

Woo hoo!

Still want to run it through the code reader? I'll text you to in a couple of hours as I begin to finish out the work day.
By amdavid
I'll bet "readiness monitors" were not "ready".....seems to be an issue with this circa of pigs/Touaregs.
Last edited by amdavid on Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By N_Jay
fpena944 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:33 pm
N_Jay wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:01 pm The gods smiled, the wind blew the right way, and the devil was momentarily distracted.

Woo hoo!

Still want to run it through the code reader? I'll text you to in a couple of hours as I begin to finish out the work day.
Yes, I still need to code out the annoying reminder the TPMS is not functioning.
By N_Jay
amdavid wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:36 pm I'll bet "readiness monitors" were not "ready".....seems to be an issues with this circa of pigs/Touaregs.
Yep, but my honest and very nice inspection guy (does no repairs) let me know that NC accepts one unset monitor, as long as a error is not showing.
By fpena944
N_Jay wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:09 pm
amdavid wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:36 pm I'll bet "readiness monitors" were not "ready".....seems to be an issues with this circa of pigs/Touaregs.
Yep, but my honest and very nice inspection guy (does no repairs) let me know that NC accepts one unset monitor, as long as a error is not showing.
Great meeting you today! Sorry had to cut short as the women of the house were "starving" when I got back. Let me know when you're ready to re-test and we'll see if we can get rid of those codes.

Well off get the 996 tomorrow!
By N_Jay
Great meeting you and your dad.
Whenever it is convenient for you.
I have been told some dealers will do it for free since Touareg TPMS are so hard to keep working.
I'll ask when I get the recall done, but if they don't we can try again.
Have a good trip.
By N_Jay
Darn!

I was hoping we had a VW expert because another fucking problem showed up with the Touareg!
By fpena944
NCporsche wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:10 am I do believe we have an Open Road troll.
Yeah I've noticed quite a few suspect new users. So I'll keep a close watch on them.
Fox_ wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:05 amStrange bot.
You are right about that!
N_Jay wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:34 am Darn!

I was hoping we had a VW expert because another fucking problem showed up with the Touareg!
What's going on with it now?
NCporsche wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:35 am He also posted in the Tesla thread.
I deleted the copied portion as all these people want is for their link to show up on your site. I won't give them the pleasure so it's been zapped!
By N_Jay
Something electrical (guessing either a connector or a module) that prevents any of the switches/control on the steering column from working.
Turn Signals, Wipers, bights, horn, Steering angle sensor, Steering wheel adjust, etc.
Thought it might be the clock spring, but the light and wiper stalks are before the clock spring.
And on top on that seems to also keep one of more modules from going fully to sleep, so it kills the battery.
Rear Brake line Seized

Yes, not the easiest job I have done. Should get t[…]

Hey everyone! revisiting an old thread to finall[…]

For what it is worth, only the rear Yokes are Po[…]

Gary, been reading a little in the wiring primer. […]