Forum layout is now fixed. If it hasn't reverted back to original form for you, delete your browser cache and you should see it fixed.
Where you should report and bugs or suggestions
By fpena944
Daniel5691 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:42 pm hello ! I'm not Terry997. I'm Daniel5691, thanks
I've been trying to play with a cache system to improve performance on the site. I'm thinking while configuring it some lines got crossed somewhere.

Please let me know if you continue to see this behavior. Apologies for the mixup!
By Wade B
I am terry too....lol

Just saw that when checking for the other issue.
On my laptop, I have three notifications. But on my phone, terry997 has none :biggrin:
By fpena944
Wade B wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:56 pm I am terry too....lol

On my laptop, I have three notifications. But on my phone, terry997 has none :biggrin:
Just shut down and cleared the caches. Let me know if you still see the problem.

Wow I had no idea this software was so sensitive to this type of stuff, but I guess it makes sense since it's completely dynamic. I guess I'll forget that idea! :biggrin:
By AKSteve
I get switched to UDPride when I go to the Home page. If I click on a forum, I switch back to myself.
By JustBud
Yup, me too, I had to look in the mirror.... I'm still just Bud, not UDPride.....although as others have said, wish I had his ability with prose.
By Wade B
fpena944 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:02 pm

Just shut down and cleared the caches. Let me know if you still see the problem.

Wow I had no idea this software was so sensitive to this type of stuff, but I guess it makes sense since it's completely dynamic. I guess I'll forget that idea! :biggrin:
Today, I am "points".
I kinda do wish I lived in Florida like Pat, though..lol
By fpena944
Wade B wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:45 am

Today, I am "points".
I just got hit with it too. Going to reboot the forum in a few minutes.
By Wade B
Looks like all is back to normal now.
I am he as you are he and you are me and we are all together...

Thanks, Fernando....you da man! :bigok:
By amdavid

Today, I am "points".
Did you have the "oh shit" moment when you made the setting change and noticed behavior... :biggrin:

It certainly was weird as I couldn't even log out properly....I had to do it a few times, quickly. My phone still thinks I'm points...

By fpena944
amdavid wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:56 am

Today, I am "points".
Did you have the "oh shit" moment when you made the setting change and noticed behavior... :biggrin:

It certainly was weird as I couldn't even log out properly....I had to do it a few times, quickly. My phone still thinks I'm points...

Well my big concern was making sure people weren't able to read other private messages! And of course making sure you couldn't impersonate the individual it thought you were. Both didn't happen so big sigh of relief.

For the mobile issue, can you log out and log back in? The mobile browser might still be caching something there.

For those who are a little more technical, let me explain what I was trying to accomplish. We're starting to get a decent amount of search engine traffic and with that it invites spammers and other people who want to do what they can to ruin our fun. I joined a service that is well known to help with performance, security, and redundancy so that regardless of these attacks the server maintains integrity and continues to function as intended.

Well it appears some of the features create some hiccups with the system here. It's probably all in the configuration but I'll have to play around with it late one night when most of you are sleeping. It's a good investment of my time and effort to get it working right as it'll harden the security and strength of the system we operate on.

I know I should be thankful we've been so stable so long but I also don't want to lose sight of the fact that hackers don't give up so I need to stay one step ahead of them.
By Wade B
By fpena944
Sorry everyone I just realized that the mode I selected was only valid for 3 hours.

I had to run a different command and now should be permanent.
Rear Brake line Seized

My auto-shop teacher would slap the back of your h[…]

New Yokohama tires now available in 16"

It's not just Porsche with the MFR specific tire d[…]

Refurbishing D90 Wheels

I "think" they are straight. […]

Okay, so I pulled the trigger on going with a Must[…]