Racing, Drivers Education, autocross, and other motorsports
By Multi21
Anyone a fan of Moto GP out there? In addition to the F1 thread, I'm a big fan of MotoGP and thought I'd be a contributor to get this thread going for the 2020 season. This could be one of those years where we'll see a different champion in quite some time.

Marc Marquez DNF in race 1 with a broken arm followed by missing race #2 as he recovered and now we've just seen a report that he will miss Brno after more surgery. There is little doubt that MM is the best racer out there and has been for the past 5 years, but not scoring in 3 consecutive races due to his crash and subsequent injury may just break the string of championships for both he and Honda.

The young riders are getting their confidence going and will be much better prepared once MM is back to 100%
By amdavid
Interesting. Time for a new sport to follow anyway. Looks like the kids have an excuse to let it fly now that they're in the hunt.
By Multi21
Bagnaia OUT for the MotoGP race this weekend after fracturing his knee in a practice accident. That’s 2 riders out now with MM not participating this weekend because of a broken arm.
By 9Eleven
Not MotoGP, but Moto2. I got 2 words for you, Joe Roberts!!!
By Streck-Fu
Great race today.

I followed 500 GP during the Schwantz, Rainey, and Doohan years and stopped about the same time VR moved up from 250cc to the 500s.

I started watching again this year and riders are really impressive. Some serious talent out there.
By Multi21
Another great race yesterday!! SO MUCH GOOD YOUNG TALENT.... These guys are really impressive.

Looking forward, we have two consecutive weeks at the Red Bull Ring in Austria. Super fast and physical track where the Ducatis should shine better than they have lately. The question is will Marc Marquez be there for one or both or will he wait until after the break resumes on Sept. 13 where he would likely be back to 100%. Knowing MM, he'll try to come back next week at less than optimum strength and try to claw back some points as it's going to be hard to win the title this year if he missed 5 races.
By latonnelier
That was unbelievable. That last bit from the back of Vinales' bike showing the wreckage flying right in front of Rossi is terrifying. He's so old now, I don't think he even noticed. ;)
By Multi21
9Eleven wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:24 pm The Moto2 crash was hideous.
Yup, saw that one too. I honestly don't think those guys lifted as they rounded the corner and the yellow flags were being waved "vigorously"...

Beyond the crashes, we have to talk about Dovi. Anyone understand why he is leaving Ducati? I didn't watch the pre-race, but the broadcasters alluded to his manager saying it wasn't about the money - which means, "It's always about the money". Did Dovi want too much, was Ducati looking to go in a different direction? It's crazy if you ask me given that Dovi has been runner-up 3 years running and only to a freakish rider like MM. It was kind of anticlimactic that he won yesterday and might win again next week. I hope he wins the championship this year.
By Streck-Fu
I still need to watch Sunday's race... I just started watching this season after a 20 year break.
By Multi21
Good race, great season. My prediction of Dovi winning next week aside, its been very unpredictable on who is going to win each week.
By 9Eleven
Dovi is out to prove a point now. I really enjoy watching the progression of Joe Roberts. He was on the podium the last race and a pole. Last time an American was on a podium in any class was 2011.
Last edited by 9Eleven on Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By yellowducman
Dovi is tired of being crapped on by Ducati. Look at what they paid Vale and Crutchlow. Too bad it doesn't look like he has a good place to end up in 2021. Aprila is probably his only option in GP.
By Multi21
It's too bad the 2nd seat at Honda is filled so early as I'd love to see what Dovi could do on the factory Honda against Marquez. Speaking of Marquez, he's going to miss this week as well. This year might be the gap year for MM.

After causing that crash, Zarco is scheduled to have hand surgery.
By Streck-Fu
Bring back the NSR500 Big Bang motor.
By yellowducman
Multi21 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:33 pm It's too bad the 2nd seat at Honda is filled so early as I'd love to see what Dovi could do on the factory Honda against Marquez. Speaking of Marquez, he's going to miss this week as well. This year might be the gap year for MM.

After causing that crash, Zarco is scheduled to have hand surgery.
Shame all the KTM seats are filled. It seams they have finely got there shit together. Question is who takes Dovi's seat. Miller is getting the other bike already. With Zarco's recent results, I'm wondering if they will look at him.
By Multi21
Looks like Marc Marquez will be out for 2-3 months to rehab. Gap year indeed. Championship is wide-open now. Hoping for a Dovi special!
By Multi21
Yet another great race with fantastic finish in today's race from the Red Bull Ring. Another crazy crash and Four different races, four different winners! Wonder what happened to Dovi's pace... thought he'd be closer to the front.
Bring A Trailer finds

and gauges for fuel level, coolant temperatu[…]

Tractors

The rear tires on my tractor are filled with beet […]

Ineos Grenadier

Sewell has a dealership for them here in the DFW m[…]

78 in Fort worth

Ed that would look good with new tan carpets and b[…]