Where you should report and bugs or suggestions
By fpena944
Hey everyone,

Apologies for the issue we had with the "Likes" as they weren't working properly yesterday. But we're back to original code today so all should be back to normal.

Reason this happened is because I'm trying to expand the capability to include other reactions instead of just "Like" - but I also want it to be simple and not as complicated as the solution that got deployed.

So going back to the drawing board and will make sure when the next version is released it's more friendly than what we had for those few hours.

Thanks for your patience!
By Skyhawk172
LOL

When i saw that new like button i said to my self " ol El Jeffe will be getting a few bites from the old dogs for this" :kickbutt: :lol2:
By fpena944
Skyhawk172 wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:09 am LOL

When i saw that new like button i said to my self " ol El Jeffe will be getting a few bites from the old dogs for this" :kickbutt: :lol2:
Haha, I knew it when I saw it! My requirements may have not been as clear as they needed to be. Plus there is a bit of a language barrier between the developer and I. But we'll get it fixed and hopefully everyone will love it! :biggrin:
By fpena944
NCporsche wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:33 am Any chance LIKES can be added to ELEGANCE?
Not without a significant amount of work.

The "Likes" are actually an extension of the Flatboots theme. The same developer created it so I'm having him do some custom work for me in order to expand on the feature. His theme uses a different "core" so that same core would have to be integrated into Elegance.

Not to say it's impossible but might be quite a project. But once I have this new version completed I'll ask him to provide an estimated level of effort and see if it's worth the cost.

Actually you just got me thinking of another thread and question to ask the community. Thanks for getting the gears of my mind cranking again this morning!
By fpena944
NCporsche wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 11:13 am No reason to spend $ so we Elegance users can like a thread.
It's not only that, there's a lot of other "stuff" that is difficult to migrate between the two systems.

If you get a chance, check out this thread: https://openroad.site/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2396
By Gretch
how about stop trying to make it fookin better...........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It works, just leave it alone!!!!!!!!!!!!

What are you??????????? bucking fer a coding job at IB?

:lol2:
By fpena944
Gretch wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 11:46 am how about stop trying to make it fookin better...........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It works, just leave it alone!!!!!!!!!!!!

What are you??????????? bucking fer a coding job at IB?

:lol2:
:biggrin:

Yeah I know, but this is something I think we can really enjoy using so I'm going to proceed with development but make sure it's done the right way.

Maybe I should IB help with our search feature, eh? :hiding:
Gretch liked this
By Gretch
Teasing, Bro................. trust you know that.

Thanks for all you do here for this group of misfits!
fpena944 liked this
By 9Eleven
Okay I must be missing something. Where is the like button? I don't have one.........
By fpena944
9Eleven wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:20 pm Okay I must be missing something. Where is the like button? I don't have one.........
You have to be using the "Flatboots" theme and if so you'll find it on the top right of each message:
image.png
If you're not on Flatboots, go to Board Preferences within your User Settings and select Flatboots instead of Elegance. You'll get a lot more functionality that way although I know many prefer the simplicity of the older layout.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By 9Eleven
I just realized that. Can't do the flatboots theme. It's like learning a new language. I'll switch over if I need to post a like. Thanks for the quick reply. I love this place, thanks for putting it together. Regards!!
By fpena944
9Eleven wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:29 pm I just realized that. Can't do the flatboots theme. It's like learning a new language. I'll switch over if I need to post a like. Thanks for the quick reply. I love this place, thanks for putting it together. Regards!!
When I first started the board the "Elegance" theme was the default so a lot of the original group prefers that style as it is cleaner and for some easier to navigate. But once we became Open Road then the "Flatboots" became the default and where all of the new functionality is being introduced.

Thankfully the software is flexible enough to support both but unfortunately they use completely different cores so I can add the new features to the original layout.

Thanks for the compliments, glad to have you here!
By wsh
I'm not subscribed to any threads, yet getting a dozen notifications per day, on literally every post
What am I doing wrong ?
By fpena944
wsh wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:51 pm I'm not subscribed to any threads, yet getting a dozen notifications per day, on literally every post
What am I doing wrong ?
You might have subscribed to an entire forum. Are all of the notifications coming from one forum or is it spread across several of them?

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]

78 in Fort worth

I have not seen that car before. I am familiar wi[…]

Wonderful. I don't think there are many critical d[…]