By fpena944
JDS968 wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:23 pm This is so weird it's cool. I actually love it.

https://spokane.craigslist.org/ctd/d/gr ... 53456.html
I like the idea of it but also wonder why and also would need to see photos of the build in progress. Just imagine the potential hack-job hiding beneath the new paint if this is done incorrectly.

Hit a big bump and the truck splits in half! :roflmao:
By JDS968
Widening the frame should actually be really straightforward. Use the same process as shortening or lengthening the frame. Stacy David has a great segment on this, if you can find old episodes of Gearz.

Widening the hood and roof would be a real craftsman's job of sectioning the panels, hand-forming extra panels on an English wheel, then welding them in place and smoothing them out. Plus fabricating a widened hood inner that reinforces the outer skin.

Sourcing a wider windshield...that's curved glass, where the hell do they do that???
By N_Jay
JDS968 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:44 am Widening the frame should actually be really straightforward. Use the same process as shortening or lengthening the frame. Stacy David has a great segment on this, if you can find old episodes of Gearz.

Widening the hood and roof would be a real craftsman's job of sectioning the panels, hand-forming extra panels on an English wheel, then welding them in place and smoothing them out. Plus fabricating a widened hood inner that reinforces the outer skin.

Sourcing a wider windshield...that's curved glass, where the hell do they do that???
From the listing it sounds like they ended up with a two section windshield.
By Gregs04.5
If you use 2 trucks, both cut in half plus 6 inches, then it's just a lot of stitch welding (an awful lot)

Greg

Hearing things like this make me really glad I wen[…]

Bring A Trailer finds

no it doesn't Right, so the Shelby Do[…]

Tractors

The rear tires on my tractor are filled with beet […]

Ineos Grenadier

Sewell has a dealership for them here in the DFW m[…]