8 cylinder front engine iconic vehicle
By Geza-aka-Zombo
Available now - Hub, Fasteners and Removal tool - $285 which includes Cont. US shipping. You supply the ATI Damper available from multiple sources - Installation Instructions have been updated below. PM/email me to coordinate. Thanks!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Geza-aka-Zombo on Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:34 pm, edited 5 times in total.
worf, SeanR liked this
By Geza-aka-Zombo
milrad wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:07 pm What is the correct ATI damper to get, and do you have a good source for them?
I used TVD shell ATI917020 on my engine - it is available from multiple sources. I got my original from JEGS, and just got a second one (for test fitting the production hub) from Summit Racing.
By Geza-aka-Zombo
Recently met with the machine shop - hub fabrication scheduled to be complete in 2 weeks, then out for anodizing, which will be another week or so.
By Geza-aka-Zombo
Sorry for the delay, but the shop had a China Virus case, which slowed things down.

I'm scheduled to pick up the completed parts this morning - hoping to get it done before the pending snow storm here in NJ. I'll post pictures, pack them into the nice little boxes I bought, and start contacting the interested parties. One was delivered to a customer about 10 days ago (emergency need - he took the part unfinished, without anodize, shipped directly from the shop - I never even saw the part). Everything went well, but it didn't go on all the way before it cooled (he worked around it), so, I posted revised installation instructions raising the soaking temp a bit from 250F to 275F. Stay tuned....
Last edited by Geza-aka-Zombo on Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Geza-aka-Zombo
Good points - I'll leave it up to folks as to whether they want the kit right away or after the holidays.
By Geza-aka-Zombo
"The Eagle has Landed". I updated first post with the latest pictures and information.
Shifted liked this
By worf
I’ll take two. Bump this thread after The Crazy Days and I’ll order them for inventory; No immediate need right now.
By Geza-aka-Zombo
In case the hub cools down too much before fully seated against the timing belt guide, I revised the instructions (added STEP 3A) to show how you can use the removal tool parts and crank bolt to drive the hub into its final position. I will include the extra washer (shown in STEP 3A picture under the crank bolt head) with the kit. Merry Christmas!
By Geza-aka-Zombo
I'm heading out tomorrow to ship some of these hubs - if you are interested in getting yours with this "dump", PM me your shipping address and qty, and I'll add yours. I'll PM you with payment info. Thanks!
By Stepson
Geza,
I would like 2 please. I will PM you my shipping address.

Thank you
By Geza-aka-Zombo
So, I've shipped out 16 of these to date. Has anyone installed one yet? Any feedback? Much appreciated.
By Stepson
Geza, I will be installing one of mine this weekend. I will give you a full accounting of the process.
Geza-aka-Zombo, milrad liked this
By Stepson
Life got in the way of installing the harmonic balancer this weekend. I did get closer to it, just couldn't make it happen yet. I should be stringing Timing belt tonight, so maybe tomorrow night.
By Stepson
I now have everything installed prior to the HB. I will make it happen this weekend. (if the sun shines and the creek don't rise)
milrad liked this
By Stepson
I installed the hub and the new Harmonic balancer last night. I had trepidations about this whole process prior to beginning the installation process. These fears were unfounded. I was afraid that I would get the securing bolts in the wrong holes. I didn't. I was fearful that I would end up with the hub halfway on and get stalled there. It didn't. The entire process, although somewhat lengthy, was smooth and everything fit well. The hub slid right on like it was made to fit there. :)
Geza-aka-Zombo liked this
By Geza-aka-Zombo
@Stepson
Glad it worked out for you. Did you use the removal rods as a handle? If so, did you add them before or after you heated the hub? Any suggestions on improving the instructions? Thanks
By Stepson
Yes, I installed the removal rods prior to putting the whole lot into the oven. Put a piece of foil down on a cookie sheet and put the whole mess into the oven. When it was time, I removed the cookie sheet and loosely wrapped the foil around the hub to conserve heat. Used good oven mitts to handle the removal rods and the hub and place it onto the crank snout. Once aligned, it slid right on. I let it cool a bit and unscrewed the removal rods.
By Geza-aka-Zombo
Looks like the TVD price is moving up some - still good though.

I have 12 hub kits left (18 sold) - no real plan to make any more, as I never did this to make a business out of it.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ati- ... 1043cbe9e0
By Daniel5691
Howdy !

My original issued HB is positively toasted, 1981 Euro S,

I know you've got better things to do with your time, but could you maybe give some of us
"simple-minded" hobbyists a quick tour of this replacement part?

I'm not all all interested in maintaining some type of show car- concourse aspects of restoring my 928, instead I want to finally get it running and on the road, so usability and reliability are my goals...

Any details you may please be able to offer would be great. I did read a little about your project over on RL but that thread got bogged down in other things if I recall.
Anyway, thanks, have a great day,
Dan

Never mind brother I just found your other thread here which gives TONS of info. Thanks.
https://openroad.site/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=868
By Stepson
Geza,

Summit Racing matched the JEGS published price that you posted when I bought mine. Just a FYI.
By Stepson
Well, YEAH!!!!!

I knew that I sure as hell wasn't going to drive to JEGS (wherever the heck they are) when Summit is in my backyard.
But I also knew that Summit would price match JEGS because they wouldn't be able to stand losing a sale to JEGS. :)
By jschiller
Geza-aka-Zombo wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:44 am

I have 12 hub kits left (18 sold) - no real plan to make any more, as I never did this to make a business out of it.
Geza, are these all gone?
By Stepson
I installed the new hub and dampener on my GTS and drove to SITM and home. @2400 mile in all. I can't say that the engine has ever run smoother than it did for this trip.

Great job Geza! And thank you!
By Geza-aka-Zombo
jschiller wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:52 pm
Geza-aka-Zombo wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:44 am

Geza, are these all gone?
No, I still have some left - if interested, PM me your email and we'll communicate that way. Thanks.
By jschiller
PorKen wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:34 pm Ordered the shell off of eBay. Hopefully, the correct piece arrives!

$240 w/free ship (1 left as of this post)
Thanks for posting this. I had an order in with Summit that was back ordered. This is a better deal. I must have missed it when I was looking last week. :banghead:
By PorKen
Just by chance, both the adapter and damper arrived today!

Pile is growing for (because: supercharger) big TB job on this '89

89_black_gears_damper.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By worf
PorKen wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:51 pm Just by chance, both the adapter and damper arrived today!
If the fasteners are the same as the others, beware: Torx Plus bits, not plain Torx.
By Geza-aka-Zombo

I bought a whole set online.

I thought about including the 2 bits with the kit, but it would have added another ~$15 as I recall.
By worf
Geza-aka-Zombo wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:43 pm I thought about including the 2 bits with the kit, but it would have added another ~$15 as I recall.
Yeah. And those fuckers aren’t easy to find. No ‘quality’ manufacturer (e.g. Hazet, Stahlwille, etc) makes them that I’ve found yet.
By milrad
worf wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:53 pm
Geza-aka-Zombo wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:43 pm I thought about including the 2 bits with the kit, but it would have added another ~$15 as I recall.
Yeah. And those fuckers aren’t easy to find. No ‘quality’ manufacturer (e.g. Hazet, Stahlwille, etc) makes them that I’ve found yet.
Agreed, none to be found amongst Stahlwille or Hazet (my preferred), and Wiha only goes to TP40. Snap-On makes a set, but they are STUPID expensive. However, I found an SK set on Amazon and just ordered it. US made. I like SK stuff, always good in my experience.
By Geza-aka-Zombo
****ATTENTION - NEW INFO REGARDING SUPERCHARGER INSTALLATIONS****

Jason @milrad just identified a potential problem with the installation of his supercharger hub and the Ultimate 928 TVD Hub. The hub was designed to work with the OEM pully set; if you wish to use it with a non-OEM pulley set (like a supercharger) please contact me so I can review the installation. Posting a picture of the side of the pulley which mates to the TVD would be very helpful. Thanks!
By milrad
First of all, I want to make clear that I installed Geza's hub per his excellent instructions and it went on perfectly. It's really slick and well designed.

This issue is due to my ignorance on the pulley differences. I bought this car with the SC already installed, and it never dawned on me that the back side of the first pulley might be different than a stock pulley. Makes no difference with the stock damper, but it does with this upgraded damper hub.

Back of the supercharger pulley:

Ineos Grenadier

Sewell has a dealership for them here in the DFW m[…]

78 in Fort worth

Ed that would look good with new tan carpets and b[…]

This upcoming DFW First Saturday Breakfast will be[…]

Looks like I have one tracked down. Thanks guys[…]